1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows MW2 Spec Ops (Veteran) - interested?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by smc8788, 16 Dec 2009.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I've completed around half of the Spec Ops missions on Veteran difficulty by myself, but the later ones are a bit too tricky to tackle on my own (I'm not completely rubbish, honest!). Is anyone up for having a go at these some time? I'm happy to help anyone re-do the earlier ones if you haven't started them yet. My Steam ID is the same as my username if you want to add me (or you can post yours here so others can add you), and hopefully we can find a suitable time to have a go.

EDIT: OK, so after reinstalling Windows on my new machine is seems although your multiplayer profile is saved online using the Steam Cloud, that's not the case for single player. The upshot of it all is that I now have 0% completion for Spec Ops and Campaign, instead of 50% and 100% respectively :grr:

Last edited: 16 Dec 2009
  2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Most of them *need* a 2nd person tbh, even though they don't say it.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, they really don't scale well to having only one person playing, but the Alpha and Bravo missions are easy enough if you approach them the right way (though this is usually a matter of trial and error - I wouldn't like to recall the amount of times I attempted Hidden before I finally managed to get it).

Even with 2 players though, from what I've seen many people have to resort to exploits to complete the High Explosive mission (like the downed player blocking the Juggernaut) because it's nearly impossible and so random.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah we tried doing High Explosive legitimately and it's pretty much impossible.

5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Dude, I need most of the spec ops still. Hook me up - acron0. Veteran or nothing imo.

6. alastor

alastor Minimodder

High Explosive really is daft, just use the doorway exploit and save your sanity.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'm up for a few missions.

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Is that on Steam or Xbox?

Cool, I'm usually free most evenings and weekends, and probably during the day over the Christmas break.

9. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

I'll be up for a few sessions mate, xfire is scrudz, steam is abhorsenn

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

XBL :blush: Platform fail.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

No worries dude :)

Anyone up for some games this evening? (Provided I can sort out my router's NAT. I swear I don't change the damn thing and it seems to go from open to strict on a whim).