1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics 7-segment LED Clock

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Explicit, 27 Sep 2004.

1. charlee78

charlee78 What's a Dremel?

Cool, I'll do that!

And thanks for the input. Do you know one that's better than the others?

2. bimalchandran

bimalchandran What's a Dremel?

program

respected sir

can you give me the hex code for 7 sigment led clock using 16f876 ?
    i have compleated the hadrware.
    Regards
    Bimal Chandran.:)

Last edited: 21 Jan 2009
  3. bimalchandran

bimalchandran What's a Dremel?

clock

sir

I wish to make a digital clock like you had done.can you help me to compleate it ,for that I need the hex codes for PIC16F876 can you help me plese..

Bimal ;)

4. zehneb

zehneb What's a Dremel?

were i can find scema and source code of LED Matrix Display/Clock ? plz

5. casper2009

casper2009 What's a Dremel?

lol

6. Berty

Berty Berty's lab

7. thanh_intel

thanh_intel What's a Dremel?

hello friend!!!

i like your clock.it's very nice!could you help me make a clock as your clock,please?or could you send your Code for me??thanks so much!
    my email: anhdendem1987@gmail.com

8. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

Sorry for the late reply.
    Where are you from?

My clocks (deliberately) only work with the DCF77 atomic clock signal from Mainflingen, Germany.
    If you live outside a range of about 1500km from Mainflingen the clock will not work.

9. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Hi Turbokeu :thumb:, got any more clocks in the pipeline?

I might finally get round to building a new one with some russian VFD tubes I bought ages ago.

10. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

Hey!

Hi Stevey!

Glad to hear from you!

Clocks: Lots of them in the pipeline, but unfortunately not much time left due to other priorities.
    Three more nixie clocks are finished but the needed CNC-milled K7 & K8 Klök housings from Mike Mayberry are not available anymore (his site is down and even his domain name klokworks.com is pending for deletion).

[​IMG]

I have boxes with NOS IV-6, IV-8, IV-11, IV-17 and IW-18 and other VFD's, IV-16 and rare Numitech numitrons awaiting.
    My latest acquisition is a bunch (43 pieces) of beautiful little NOS Rodan Elfin MG-17G 7-segment nixie tubes and a set of six used tubes:

[​IMG]

11. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Oh wow, nice collection!

Were they off ebay?

12. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

The six used tubes came from Ebay.
    I got them for the starting bid price (a few $) as incrediblingy (spelling?) I was the only bidder...

I found the 46 NOS tubes through a local auction site.
    I got them for 100€ (about 85GBP) from a retired guy near Antwerp, but here I was not the only bidder...
    I'm planning to sell part of the bunch as sets of 6 tubes but only when I have a running prototype of a clock where I can test them all for good functioning.

The advantage of the Elfin MG-17F 7-segment tubes is that I can use the same firmware as for my LED clocks, only driver hardware and power supply is different.
    The tubes require about 180VDC anode voltage (like most nixies) but the segment current is only 350µA (180µA for the decimal point).

The ideal driver for these tubes would be the DS8880/DM8880 High Voltage BCD-to-7segment driver with 'Adjustable output current' input but they are obsolete and quite rare to source.
    A cheap replacement would be a standard CMOS 4543 BCD-to-7segment driver and MPSA42 or MPSA92 driver transistors with segment series resistors.

13. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

BTW, I know this thread is quite old (2006 and more than 300.000 views!), but may I ask if there is still some interest for my 6-digit 7-segment DCF77 driven LED clock project?

If so I'm finally (!) thinking to put everything into public domain (source, code, schematics, PCB layouts and whatever), as far as you leave references to the respective owners of certain routines and myself.

14. Spongeblunt

Spongeblunt Captain of Your Face

I'm constantly intrigued by making my own projects like this but I have no idea how I'd print the PCBs. Is there anywhere that will print out and send you PCBs based on a design you give them?

15. tomjediknightt

tomjediknightt What's a Dremel?

YES, I am still very interested in you big- led clock projects.

I just got 6 4" displays myself. They are amazing...

And I still look at this thread and all the way back. Sorry I have been gone. My mom died and I had to put my hobbies on hold, so I have been away for a long time, but I have not forgotten.

Tom
    :p

16. tomjediknightt

tomjediknightt What's a Dremel?

Turbokeu,

I just ordered my big 7-seg display off ebay. 4" blue and I just found a place that has the 4" green. I can't wait.

Got my pcb layout done and getting ready to order. Looking for the pin jacks now for the displays so I don't have to solder them into the pcb and can use them later if I get bored.

Tom

17. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

Due to the many demands (here and on other forums) I finally put my DCF77 LEDclock project (after more than 4 years!) available on my webpage, with schematic, PCB layouts, commented ASM source, HEX, manual and other.

The project can be used with any color and size of Common Anode displays (with adaptation of the serial segmentresistors and/or power supply voltage).
    The clock (only) works with any DCF77-receiver module (with positive of negative pulses), for example the low cost Conrad 641138 receiver.
    All features are described in the manual.

My only condition for public divulgation and/or modification is that the attached files always mention the original authors (whereunder myself, I worked about 2 years to develop/debug the different routines).
    The firmware is 100% developped in PIC16F assembly with MPLAB IDE and debugged for 90% with Isis/Proteus VSM.
    Only for debugging of the DCF77 receiving/decoding routines I had to debug realtime (the used PIC 16F876 has been reprogrammed more than 500 times without ICSP!).

A v2.9 version of the firmware is under development (the actual v2.8 is 99.9% bugfree).
    v2.9 will incorporate several different scrolling routines between date & time display and include a minor bug correction in CET-1/CET+1 time zone mode.

The actual ZIP file (692kB) is available here: led_clock_28.zip
    Led_Clock_28.zip contains:

LED-Clock DCF CA4H Schematic.pdf (schematic for 4" Common Anode blue displays)
    4inch Blue LED Clock Documentation 1.1.pdf (English manual)
    Clock PCB C.LAY (Sprint-Layout 5.0 PCB layout for clock main board with 2-pin PSU connector)
    Clock PCB C.pdf (idem in PDF)
    Clock PCB E.LAY (Sprint-Layout 5.0 PCB layout for clock main board with DC-plug PSU connector)
    Clock PCB E.pdf (idem in PDF)

LED-Clock L200 PSU.pdf
    (+22VDC power supply with L200 for 4" blue displays)
    LED-Clock LM317 PSU.pdf (+22VDC power supply with LM317 for 4" blue displays)

LED-DCF-v28.asm
    (ASM source file v2.8 with comments)
    LED-DCF-v28.HEX (HEX file v2.8 for 16F873/16F876)

LEDclockcompE.gif (Component location main board Rev. E)
    LEDclockconnC.gif (Connection schematic main board Rev. C)

To print out the Abacom Sprint-Layout 5.0 .LAY files the demo version is sufficient.
    On demand I can provide separate PCB layouts in Circad'98 or PDF format for 0.3", 0.56", 0.8", 1.0", 2.3"en 4.0" CA displays, as well as for the +22VDC PSU with LM317 and RJ11-connector.
    I still have to develop a main board PCB layout with RJ11 PSU connector.

Of course, additionnal info or questions can be asked through this topic or my email.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2010
  18. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

In my previous post I wrote that the demo version of the Sprint-Layout program was sufficient to print out the .LAY PCB files.

This is wrong.
    You need the free Sprint-Layout Viewer to print the PCB files.

19. x_name41

x_name41 What's a Dremel?

Hello to all!:) Look my easy DIY 6-Digits LED Clock versions project!- no controller used,no special and expensive parts.[​IMG]My 6-Digits no-multiplexing LED Clock schematic,DIY-project! [​IMG]My 6-Digits Multiplexing LED Clock schematic,DIY-project! http://www.4shared.com/file/NwchMG_d/6_-_DIGITS_LED_CLOCK_-_my__x_n.html [​IMG]My 6-Digits Multiplexing LED Clock schematic v.2 DIY-project(edited)!

Last edited: 5 Oct 2010
  20. kaspoo

kaspoo What's a Dremel?

help

can you send me link for hex and pcb from With RTC chip (and 1" displays): thank you