1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peltier cooled 9700

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Transic, 16 Dec 2002.

1. Transic

Transic What's a Dremel?

Well, its currently a work in progress, hopefully my radiator fans will arrive soon...until then it is untested (and likely broken) :D

Before I hacked at it:

[​IMG]

Here we go...i really did hate that gold...:

[​IMG]

Preped with arcic siver + dielectric grease:

[​IMG]

Just waiting for some ramsinks and water:

[​IMG]

2. olv

olv he's so bright

looking good :) why not use the ramsinks you just pulled off?

3. Transic

Transic What's a Dremel?

There were only 2 of them, needed 2 more for the back....so I figured I would just replace them all and make them coherent.

4. olv

olv he's so bright

ahhh ok, i'll let u off ;)

just like to say woooooo 100 posts :p big achievement for me :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

5. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz What's a Dremel?

Be sure that the pelt is making good contact with your GPU. When I recently removed the stock HSF on my r9700, I noticed the shim was preventing direct contact with the old HSF/new waterblock! I've also read it somewhere online in an article (don't remember). I noticed this when trying to mount the waterblock and then removing it, realizing there was no thermal grease on the copperblock, but still freshly applied and untouched on the GPU! The original HSF still had a clean layer of yellow thermal crud on it and the GPU was clean with no traces of it = NO CONTACT! :wallbash:

Simple fix: gently pry the bugger off with a knife

6. Transic

Transic What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked it earlier to make sure it was making good contact, and it was. The only thing that Im really worried about is: condensation. Well, that and I wonder if its going to work when its plugged back in :hehe:

7. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz What's a Dremel?

Just curious, what is your pelt rated at? I still may consider adding a TEC to my GPU waterblock but the idea of getting a new PSU is putting me on hold. :sigh:

Since we have the same GPU and assuming we are both running at stock speeds, our heat/condensation levels should relatively be the same asides from the differences in our ambient temp.

8. Transic

Transic What's a Dremel?

Its an 80 Watt peltier, plus you can add in the gpu waterblock for about 115W of total dissipation.

9. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix