1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks USB wirless adaptor that definitely works with Win 7 64 pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dr_Horse, 22 Dec 2009.

1. Dr_Horse

Dr_Horse What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, my belkin G Mimo usb adaptor just packed in and am looking for a replacement, but nowhere seems to expressly claim compatibility with win 7. Any suggestions? what do you guys use?

2. bruce12345

bruce12345 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I've been using a Linksys WUSB600N with a Linksys WAG160N router for a couple of weeks now. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and have found this combination works very well. I'm approximately 10m from the router with a floor and a couple of walls in between.

3. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Ah ha! The (current) Holy Grail you seek!!!

Put it this way, I just bought a custom built i7. I wanted a wireless adapter pci card fitted. The guy wouldn't sell me one into the spec because, he said, none of them work with Win7, atleast not reliably! Driver issues mostly, he said.

Does anyone know of a 100% Win7 compatible wireless adapter, pci card and/or dongle ...sub £40ish? (BT home hub being the router).

Ty in advance.

4. Dr_Horse

Dr_Horse What's a Dremel?

Well fortunately I have found a spare Belkin F5D7051 in the bottom of a draw which is an exact replacement for the item that broke, so panic over. I'm using sketch 3rd party drivers though and seeing as my system has been less than rock solid since installing them I wouldn't recommend it.

5. KRAZY KEV

KRAZY KEV What's a Dremel?

wifi dongle

have a look at the belkins. i have a belkin. it works in w7 32bit but not sure about 64bit but i would think that it does.

6. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Nooooo! ...that's point of the question; nothing seems to work out of the box with win7. To the point that the company I just bought a custom built from WOULD NOT sell it with an adapter or a dongle in the spec!

If anyone knows of a dongle at least that does, I'd be grateful.

7. Josh_UK

Josh_UK What's a Dremel?