1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress H3O project ( lian li v 1000 II plus )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Zio Sp_Hummer, 17 Dec 2009.

1. Zio Sp_Hummer

Zio Sp_Hummer What's a Dremel?

hi guys !! very nice to meet evryone of this comunity :D First of all I apologise for my bad english I use a translaor too .... and in second time I start posting the work in progress of my last creature ... it growin' up very slowly because I'm waiting for the various components ordered for assembling it ..........as written in the title the project start from a lian v 1000 IIs plus in which 2 liquid circuits will be integrated : one for the cpu and one for the vga !!! I organize my self and I will start to post the various phases of the performed workmanships
    thank you :thumb:

here I m again .... and here it is the project logo

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Mar 2010
  2. Zio Sp_Hummer

I have begun with to fold up and to assemble the profiles in alu, that will stiffen the delicate structure couse of the abundance of mesh on this case giving the effect armor plating to the case. I have used my usual system of the vices ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

then have also fixed the protections of the zone of the 5.25 bays (read him handles ikea!!!!! :D)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have finally realized the tracings to cut the top of the houses and to assemble the koolance fans support , I will realize a thickness of pvc with the same outline of the support fans that it will act for vibration absorber of the fans

[​IMG] [​IMG]

see you later guys

3. Timmytomas

Timmytomas What's a Dremel?

Good luck! Thats more then i could ever do! [​IMG]

4. Zio Sp_Hummer

thank you so much
    2nd step : I removed the lian li logo using an hair dryer 40 seconds to do it !!!!:naughty:

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

habitually I work on the balcony... but when it rains it is my turn to go to the bath of service :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

then I have tried to see how it look like .... positioning the various components in provisional way

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Dec 2009
  5. Zio Sp_Hummer

step n° tree .............. I have cut and prepared the case for the koolance top mounting

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

and after I have tried the fans

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Zio Sp_Hummer

then I have realized some changes on the usual plate that lian li puts them in its case : I have first of all perforated her to be able to attach the aluminum big plate that will serve to absorb the vibrations of the second laing, and the second I have cut with the dremell the centers of the holes to have some passing more large with the purpose to be able to organize to the best the cables ... I want to make passing all the cables to profile of the plate that the zone of the mainboard separates with that underlying

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have positioned part of the neons and I am starting to study how put the cable in the cabiet for so that doesn't interfere with the pipes... son party realizing under a hole to the houses from which to make to go out the cables of the underlying neons and the feeding and the tachimetrico of the external pomp.... I have used a cutter to cup from 2.2 mms and put a ring of protection on the hole

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Zio Sp_Hummer

then after supper I have started to realize the more long cable for the inverters of the neons look to the switch panel : every button has a beautifull blue ..... 1 2 3 go ! .... connector , cables, tools and phon!!! what many years ago it served me to dry the hair... but now had a change of use!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

It looks so nice :)

9. Zio Sp_Hummer

thank you to every one guys !!! here it is two differet picture of the cables and connectors I try its and they works .... :D ....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and other two pictures .... here I ' trying the light effect .... I like it :thumb:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Zio Sp_Hummer

says fact and I have cut the side panel drawing a frame that allows me to make to see everything to the inside... understood the vain underlying... this time I ve invented a sort of mask of total protection: using a long and wide piece of poliver, I have put the same as shield of protection between me and the dremell to the fie to be able to work with the facing plummet to the disk..... I sneer peer to be more precise possible... this way doing in fact I/you/they are been able me to approach to the zone of the cut up to few cms without risking nothing..... don't also do you it !!!! I don't want any responsibility if in to reply my gimmick make you evil!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

after I gotten the frame I have smoothed the same eliminating all the imperfections, and then I climb on there the transparent panel

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Zio Sp_Hummer

I have taken the measures to realize the holes filleted in which will be put the screws that will hold the panel in plexy (and the frame of the same realized with the usual fillet of alu) to the original panel lian li, here are the step of the realization.....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Zio Sp_Hummer

After I have realized the aluminum frame with the usual usual theme: fillet alu anodized with bolt to brugola to round head... black

for first thing, photo 1, with the chisel and the I thresh I have marked the points in which to drill for making the holes, he departs with the small point from 3 mms for then to pass, after having practised all the holes, to one slightly greater in comparison to the fillet of the bolt, if the fillet is 4.... the point is 4.8; in this way two benefits are had: the first one is that the hole comes very precise and he doesn't take the risk that the big point goes for a walk... according to the possibility it is had to be able to have greater space for in to position the fillets

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

filettatura dei fori sul panello dopo aver preso ben bene le misure .. e successiva realizzazione dei fori anche nel plexyglas .....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

et voilà!!! : the window panel and frame are ready...I ve only to finish up some particular and polish the plexy and to screw the bolts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Zio Sp_Hummer

I modified the initial cut on the top : this it will allow me to manage the top and the fans as an unique piece and then I have systematized the window, making to almost coincide to the perfection all the edges of the fillets

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and now start the comics !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! then I have replaced the thermometers and therefore I have to rearrange the cables of the same.... and I have begun to make all the runs of the cables of the switchs panel , trying to pass in the most hidden places and that gives less possible hindrance... in way that if I had to put again the hands inside the cabinet I don't have to worry me about remake everything..... :sigh:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and now I wait that the carrier send me all the new componed I buyed to go on !!!
    see ext time guys !!

14. Zio Sp_Hummer

hi guys !!! first of all I apologize me for my long absence, but I've been very busy,now I start to show you what I've made in thees long time then... during the realization I have committed some errors like the pump and the reservoir position ... reservoir that is not suitable for the realization of an high performances loop , in fact inside the reservoir the flow creates a lot of little bubbles of air and therefore the pump the fishing inexorably, therefore stop to the jobs change of project and I restart again.....

I've closed the big hole in de front of the case with same pieces of aluminium

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and using some plaster for metals I have covered the other holes done for making to pass the pipes

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]