1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Aliens Versus Predator Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 27 Dec 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit confused as to how this article is a preview.. there's nothing there that hasn't been discussed and seen on other websites in the past 6 months.. :confused:

I have high hopes for this game, if they don't make something better than AvP1 and AvP2, fans will rip them to shreds.

I still play AvP2 on LAN, bloody brilliant game, specially the MP. I'm a bit saddened that they toned the Alien down, I loved how fast it was in AvP2, was part of the fun how incredbly fast-paced the gameplay was.

2. Omegahunter

Omegahunter What's a Dremel?

Quote: To that end then the trilogy of campaigns in Aliens Versus Predator - a title which is actually distinguished from the original by the pluralised Aliens, by the way :End Quote

Thats strange as my pc copy of the orignal game has the title of "Aliens versus Predator" and i know this because its still right in front of me on my games shelf. Im talking the original boxed copy here not the gold edition.
    But one thing i know im hope is that they included the one feature that made the original special, that is the lighting system, i know playing as a Marine meant pure terror when you knew that the Aliens would be going round the map in multiplayer taking out all the spot lights.....
    beep.........beep....beep...beep arrrrrr..........

Last edited: 28 Dec 2009
  3. the_good

the_good What's a Dremel?

i agree with Star*Dagger...

this game is going to use DX11 for the way its meant to be played! although it uses unreal crappy textures.. but am excited to use my GPU ATI 5870 on its full potential!\

guys get ur selfes a good GPU! this game and other hopefully will use dx11 and win vista /7

4. Malfrex

Malfrex What's a Dremel?

The competition for AvP: Natural Selection 2. They are admittedly running tight on their winter 2009 release schedule, in fact I'm sure it's going to be missed, but it does look rather interesting and it was heavily inspired by the original AvP figured it may be worth mentioning.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/

Teaser trailer (from May this year): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxfjfBeC6tQ&feature=player_embedded

No, I'm not involved with the mod in any way, but as it's something I don't know if others are aware of, it may be something to be aware of to compare/contrast if they had played the original mod back in 2002.

5. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Competition?? It sounds like AvP has already lost...

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well can't wait for that game. It's going to be immense.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

to real gamers this is going to sink harder then the titanic, for everyone else it'll be a unique and never before seen "immense experiance.

8. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Can't see how you can back that statement up. If it comes anywhere close to the first two then it will be a huge success to so called "real gamers" and everyone else.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lets be realistic, it wont come anywhere near the first two.

10. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

How can I take the article seriously when everyone knows that Chuck Norris is the ultimate bad-ass.
    If you looked up "Bad-ass" in Wikipedia, it redirects to "Chuck Norris", and a "bad-ass" search on Google brings up "Chuck Norris" as first result.

Fact: He is also made of pure WIN.

11. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

+1, +1

12. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Actually, initial reports are stating it will. Why put a downer on it before you know anything about it?

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Console ports of console-built FPSs = suckage generally speaking

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

while true; do
    AvP = WIN
    done

End of story.

15. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I've pre-ordered :) £17.99 at Amazon.

Certainly looks fun.

16. curme

curme Minimodder

I never liked the idea of combining the Alien and Predator franchises. They should of remained separate entities.

What would be great would be an 'Aliens 2' game. Just Marines and Aliens.

17. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

The same here, we used to play AvP2 on LAN like crazy, usually 2 days w/o sleep and was really looking forward to this but played it on eurogamer and this game looks very very dated. i simply couldn't get over it and put the controller down after few mins, very disappointed.

18. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Just to be pedantic its 'Aliens', not 'Aliens 2' - the sequence was Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. However the least said about the last two the better :)

Tags: Add Tags