1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs I Noobtube

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 5 Jan 2010.

1. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I use the M203 on my preferred class. If anyone complains, I immediately put it away, and I refrain from using it for the rest of the match, or until anyone who is offended by it leaves...

YEAH RIGHT! I'll use it more often when someone whines about it nonstop. It doesn't matter to me whether I kill you with bullets or a grenade, but if you're complaining about the M203 when I kill you with it, your death is much more satisfying to me. It's not useless at short-range, either, since you can peg people with it if you have a good ping. I love using it, and nothing said online will deter me from doing so. Besides, I only get 2 grenades per life, and I don't use scavenger, so you'll most likely see more deaths from my bullets or knife than you'll see from my M203. This might, perhaps, be the most satisfying thing about using the M203; you kill someone with it, they start crying about "noobtubes," and after you've run out of grenades, you kill them repeatedly with bullets (fired from your ironsights) because you've not yet died.

Of course, it's not all about the "lulz" I get from M203 kills. If there is an enemy aircraft on the map, it has first priority for my M203, for the good of the entire team. Some days I just don't feel like using the M203, and it won't stop me from killing you with one of the many other weapons in the game.

Also, I didn't think I'd need to point this out, but the devs of CoD have NEVER prioritized realism. I'm pretty sure the complaining about the "noobtube" is a function of this game's audience. I used to play America's Army almost exclusively, and it was the most "realistic" combat game at the time (it probably still is, today; I don't play the new version). The game had the M203 grenade launcher, and it performed in much the same way as it does in CoD. No one ever complained about being killed by the M203 in America's Army, and, if you've never played, it was much easier to die in that game than it is in CoD. I didn't ususally go for the "g-spot" (grenadier) in America's Army because I liked the perks of being Squad Leader (armed only with an M16 and a few grenades, but received additional radio commands, could set waypoints, and gave his teammates reduced fatigue and a slight accuracy bonus when they were close to him) but I never complained about being killed by the M203; I can't recall one person who did, even though it had the same capabilities in AA that it does in CoD. I believe the gamers that played AA when I played acted, on average, in a much more mature fashion than those that play CoD.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well COD became much more console orientated lately.

3. Geimeris

Geimeris What's a Dremel?

Noobtubes and snipers are ok, but they should be limited per team. So were wouldn't any games like sometimes happens now, there everyone gets a sniper and does nothing just camps in an objective based game like domination.. Like in a real world there are no armys based just on snipers, or just on granade launchers..

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I can't think of a grenade launcher that hasn't been a lamer weapon

TF2, BF2 and CoD all suffer from it.

5. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I've not got around to playing this MP yet, still working through SP. After reading this though I now have an urge to go online, equip the GL and listen to all the winging idiots... probably not the sort of reaction this post was trying to invoke!!

6. sheepanator

sheepanator lies i know what a dremmel is

it only anoys me when people just run around with it on constantly equided its alright some times say when theres multible enemies or people hiding round corners

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I fail to see the immorality in using a gun that the game offers. A kill is a kill. Why not just kick those "abusing" it from your server.........:blush:

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Heheh, that's what I do.
    Actually if you're new to a game (not just MW2) and you're playing with people that have >100hrs of practice...of course you take the biggest instakill gun you can find. Otherwise you're just fodder, and there's no fun down that lane. :D

9. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

I noob tube. So what? You only get two shots with it unless you use scavenger (which I do). Generally I use it for clearing out a room that has folk camped in it, firing through windows etc. I find if you run around with it and come across someone, fire the grenade, kill them- you are generally dead by the time you reload as someone else pops up.

I used to play America's Army too and no one really moaned about 203s on that except when people launched it at the spawn point on the bridge map.

My preferred class is a stealth one-UMP with silencer and ACOG, Bling Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro. I either use a shotgun with grip and silence or a stinger.

I also use a nice sprinting riot shield class for HQ games, a sniper on the larger maps as I was sick of getting picked off as I ran from cover to cover. A grenadier class and another one that I use for upgrading whatever weapon/perk I want upgraded.

The most annoying thing I find is the akimbo shotguns or the sprinting knifers on the smaller maps. Smoke and thermals don't bother me as I think it takes a bit of skill to use the thermals at first.

10. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

You've stumbled onto the little known phenomenon that people don't like losing, and look for excuses to explain how they lost.

Shock horror.

People can whine all they want, when the player with a lower score tells the player with the higher score that they suck, I can't help but just laugh.

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

There is a flaw with your argument. Those people that complain and are at the bottom of the score boards would likely be at the bottom anyway, regardless of what weapon whoever they are complaining about is using. That is just an excuse. Granted. But just as often, you find the person using the noobtube is at the bottom also.

You seem to be assuming that everyone that dislikes the noobtube sucks, when in fact there is a balance between those that suck and use it, and those that suck and complain about it. I'm not going to say I'm always top, but 4/5 times I am in the top three, and I still don't like the noobtube. I'm not going to bitch and whinge, since some people will just use it more out of spite. It's just a case of watching out for it, and cursing IW for using such an abusable weapon.

Besides, it doesn't matter where you are on the scoreboard, the point still stands that it is too easy to use as a one shot one kill weapon, die and do it all over again, and get more or less a 2:1 K:D. When I see someone using it properly, I like to add those people to my friends, whether it is on 360 or PC.

12. ambrose

ambrose What's a Dremel?

weather a person is at the top or bottom of the scoreboard is irrelevant. the reason they are there is what matters. i am more than happy to be caned by someone of superior skill, and if someone is dominating me i enjoy the chance to learn from their gameplay habits. i am also happy to die more frequently when trying to get throwing knife kills (all the time ;) ). tubes are just silly though. fair enough if you are mentally retarded, under the age of 5 or partially blind, but anyone else using them clearly has no interest in the sport of the game. the type of people who would be happy to just click on the list of players repeatedly killing people just for the sake of them dying............ challenge yourself to get some skills!!!!
    and yes dedicated servers would fix the problem of marty, tubes, last stand, hackers, glitchers, and just noobs in general.

13. MacWalka

I think the major aspect of noob tubes is that people are wanting to complete the challenges for them, so you'll get people trying to get 20 kills with it asap and also trying to peg folk with it. That's what I do anyway so I assume there are others like me.

14. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Let me get this straight, it's a weapon on the game, it has so much power it can kill you without the other person being better than you, you are not using one.....

HANG ON!

I tend not to use it as at anything more than 20-30 feet it's faster to fire a bullet on target.

That said I am playing on 360, maybe it's different on the PC.

15. MacWalka

I actually had a great game last night using the riot shield and blast shield. Its hilarious imagining people's rage when they try to kill you. Was doing HQ Pro on Terminal and the other team must have been raging. I got about 13k xp from just using my shield.

Had several semtex, 203s, RPG, grenade, Pave Low all try to kill me and failed. Only things that killed me was when several of the enemy flanked me but they generally died right after as the rest of my team were nearby. I still ended up with a k/d of 6/6.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Try using the Riot Shield in Hardcore game modes. One hit shield kills = much fun ;)

17. MacWalka

It's one hit shield kills in Hardcore? Awesome, I didn't know that. I hate the whole 2 hits thing, hit a guy once then try and avoid them knifing me before smacking them again.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yep, you only have half your regular health in Hardcore modes.

19. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

One thing I like about MW2 is that the devs have given us the counter to the noobtoob - blast shield. The trouble is people don't like using it or forget it's there.

20. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i norm play COD4 tubers are annoying but you just work around that shot them before they shot you i only norm play hard core on COD4 (none hardcore requires daft amount of shot hits to kill and tend to run out of ammo after killing so little)

problem with MW2 cant really do that to the Xbox matchmaking system they use, Hardcore mode is not playable due to Shot lag (like gears of war on the Xbox 360 Host norm always wins when doing the saw attack) shot lag is the time it takes for your shots to get form your PC to host to the other one your shoting, when your on rounds where kill cam is on you can see most of the time when you Die that you did not even let an shot off but (when you did), on top of that every one Camps on hardcore mode any way (mite be due to the 10 sec re-spawn timer that is norm not on COD4 servers)

until COD6 has dedicated servers its just an console game that runs on an pc i will Not be paying for any DLC add on packs why i even bought it is unknown (think its due to there are no other good games around just release BF 1943 all ready)

Tags: Add Tags