1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HELP!!!!!!! My 4870x2 No Display.........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shazbom, 22 Dec 2009.

1. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

no he said was working only no output. i just wanted to try cause i fixed few things before. was thinking might get lucky this time too. but anyways, there is 3 or 4 small tinny chips which 1 leg is touching but other are IN THE AIR. lol

i called my mate down already. we going to solder it back on see what happence. i'll post photos in 2 mins..brb

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

lol, you bought a card which was described as working but no output and you can't figure out why it won't work.

Its broken, thats the only thing a GPU does, output to the screen, doesn't do that its dud.

And a Graphics card doesn't have to look the broken to be broken, you could buy a brand new one and it could still be broken.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Good luck with the soldering. If that little chip with the switches is missing, you could always take if off the old 4870 and put it on the 4870x2.

Hope it works out for you. ;)

Simon

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

So, wait, we've been giving you advice on what to do about this card, that you claimed was a bargain, when all the while, you've not told us that it was described as broken?

Screw this, I give up. If people want to buy graphics cards described as broken, then bitch about why they're not working, they should be going to the nearest NHS Walk-In Centre for a lobotomy. If it REALLY is just the display not outputting, Crossfire it with the 4870 1GB and play on, because then the X2 doesn't need to output a display, but will still help with signal processing. If not, then it's broken. End of.

You got it cheap, you say? You spent £100 on a Radeon 4870X2 PE - Paperweight Edition! And bonus points to anyone who remembers the other PE card...

5. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

6. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

From what i can see, there is 4 or 5 snapped off. Any idea guys?

And this is the first core only. the second is fine.

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Is (c26 in bottom pic) fried? Looks like it from the pic.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Also c288 at the end looks bent off and also c292

9. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

It does man. i see 5 in total already..

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Looks like someone overclocked the tits off it and burnt it out or it over heated in a poor ventilated case.

11. MaverickWill

I'd get on to eBay now. All else aside, this is a heavily damaged card. This isn't just something wonky with the display ports. This card's been over-volted heavily and thrashed to within an inch of its life.

Can you give us the auction's description?

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Pretty much, looks at all those parts that are in essence burnt and roasted like a chicken.

13. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the help guys.. I could't fix it. so sold it back on ebay as faulty.
    Thread Closed -Thread Closed -Thread Closed -Thread Closed

14. MaverickWill

[​IMG]

You didn't return it?

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well if he brought it as 'STATED' faulty and the guy at ebay states no returns, where do you stand:rolleyes:

16. Fazed

Fazed Minimodder

That would have to be the X850XT "Press Edition" :naughty:

What a card that was.......apparently!

What do I win?

MaverickWill likes this.
  17. MaverickWill

I stand at "No Display" being the fault, as opposed to "I've burnt it out from overclocking, and deserve a slap".

Anyone else?

18. UberTiger

UberTiger What's a Dremel?

Dunno what brand this was, but I ended up buying a dud 4870x2 exactly the same problem as yours. I contacted Powercolor about it, shipped it to somewhere in mainland Europe and ended up getting a brand spanking new one from them!
    Granted it cost about £40 in secure postage and a 5 week turnaround, depending on how good the deal on the card is it can be worth it!

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

You contacted powercolor and got a reply? Damn. I tried for several months and never got a word from them.

20. UberTiger

UberTiger What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I had to contact telephone support in America in order to get an email address for someone in Europe. They then took at least 5-7 days to respond to each email, but fair play we got there in the end! Took about 3 weeks before I got an address and RMA to send it off, then about another 5 from when I posted it to when I got the new one. Not ideal, but worked out alright in the end.