1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Aliens vs Predator and The UK Games Biz

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 29 Jan 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

good interview dont like the idea of a more scientific approach to some of the aspects of the game but this guy inspires confidence in his titles. So i'll be getting this one for sure

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hmm i originally wrote this off as console tarded pap however the man had convinced me to give it a little more attention then i was originally planning.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yea, it sounds more like they wrote it for PC first, and then made a console version. Looking forward to it.

Naturally I'll be giving the SP a go at hardest difficulty straight off the bat with the Marines :D

Extra pairs of clean pants will be kept nearby.

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

"And books don’t even have ratings on them, so how do you know not to buy the Marquis de Sade for your kid?"
    That's a good point actually, I was expecting him to point out that the films were clearly for adults, and no one had a problem with that, and the games were in a similar vein.
    But yeah, books, surprised no one has ever thrown that line at the daily mail reading 'tards...

7. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

Very good interview. I was going to give the game a miss but for once the ramblings and occasional insights of a developer have had a positive effect.

8. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

The first AVP was bicycle clip scary as a human, a kill fest as a Predator and excellent twisty-screen fun as an Alien. The second AVP was much more expansive, less scary, and better fun played as a Predator. It was a little easier too, which made it necessary to play on harder modes to keep the longevity up, but that then made the boss levels knackeringly hard.

I'm supporting Rebellion with AsVP, they were the first company to make me scared playing a game, I hope they can do it again.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jan 2010
  9. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Yeah, this has certainly made me more interested too.

So this is one of the rare occasions where a film was based on a game and not vice versa (though I suppose it's kind of based on two films, but still...) - what other games have led to movie spin-offs?

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Doom, Silent Hill, Hitman, tonnes of them.

11. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Ah yes true, ok so next question, are any of them worth watching? :)

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I didn't hate Silent Hill, for what it was. And, to be honest, though Hitman was utterly stupid, I still maintain that it's a good film to get drunk to.

13. GW42

GW42 What's a Dremel?

What - you mean you haven't seen streetfighter the movie????

Anyway...

I am also hopeful that this will be good. I am keeping in mind though that he knew who the audience would be when talking to BT, so not that surprising that he's managed to make it sound like a PC game that's been ported (with concessions) to the consoles. Still, the fact that he is clearly aware of the issue and the difference between the markets is promising :)

14. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Streetfighter - as a now-ancient Amiga magzine once put it, Raul Julia's last film was this.

But still:

Another one for the "euphemisms for consolification" list!

15. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

I take it you're a hardcore gamer who is good enough to play the originals then? I used to run the gaming side of a LAN centre just after AvP came out. We had systems with various games but AvP only got played by a few expert gamers, most other people tried, but couldn't play, it was constant Insta-Death. These people loved the idea of the game, but never got to enjoy it.

Are you suggesting they be excluded from this game too? In the interview they mentioned it is a PC developed game with changes made to the console versions regarding easier aiming etc, so this really isn't consolification, they made the PC game then consolified it, at least thats the impression I get from the interview.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you cant have the sweet taste of victory without the bitterness of defeat. Play, Learn, Evolve, Win.

dont nurf it for the rest of us because your too ashamed to put it on easy :eyebrow:

17. DarkLord7854

If you read the interview, they said they made sure that the hardest difficulty mirrors the original AvP's difficulty.. but who am I kidding.. reading articles is so overrated nowadays :rolleyes:

;)

18. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You seem rather aggressive today, Gunsmith... :p

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just got off the phone with the DWP, suprised I didnt destroy the moon in the middle of the conversation.

Darklord, i read it, but i must have missed that part :s

20. DarkLord7854

Page 3 mate:

Looking forward to it..

Tags: Add Tags