1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Point and shoot for gap year travels!

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by da-dude, 28 Jan 2010.

1. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

Hey guys

Well lucky me booked a trip round the Americas the other day, and so will be buying a hefty wad of new kit, including a digital camera to capture the experience without being too expensive.

I was looking at the Olympus Mju 6010 as the waterproof/shockproof is a huge plus when Im going snorkelling, and when its in a backpack for months on end, however I've read mixed reviews about image quality, and I'd ideally want a camera as cheap as possible so it doesnt matter if it gets nicked down a side street in Rio :wallbash:

Have also spied the Fuji Z33 and Olympus 850 SW as cheaper options but they seem to have even worse write ups image quality wise!

Any pro tips from you guys for a n00b like me???

P.s. I currently have a Casio S800 so not particularly used to amazing image quality! Also, if it charges via mini usb its a MASSIVE plus as all my electric equipment thus far is mini usb

2. Nashua

Nashua What's a Dremel?

As cheap as possible does not bode well for quality. What is your budget?

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

you could also have a look at the Panasonic Lumix FT1, the FT2 has recently been announced so the price might start to drop a little bit as well.

4. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately the TS1 is a little out of my budget at the moment. If the FT2 is released in March do you think the FT1 will be sub £150 before the end of March?? Im really looking to spend less than £150 as I dont wana carry anything I'd seriously regret getting nicked :p