1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung plans touch-integrated AMOLED

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

well that kinda goes with an idea I had.. but the gap would still work better

that should make a better phone- I wonder about longevity without glass

3. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I thought Samsung had already started manufacturing phones with AMOLED, like the Samsung H1 for Vodafone 360.
    Or is it a new kind of AMOLED screen?

I guess if they're thinking of releasing it, it must be better than the actual ones. Let's see if Appple tries to call dibs on a legal suit against Samsung...

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I'd like to try a version of touch screen where you still have a really small cursor that you can manipulate - like a cross between touch screen and trackpad. No new hardware required just a wee bit extra software and huzaa! Will help with sausage finger syndrome

5. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 The budget builder

umm 480x800 isnt standard, ESP at 3.3". thats insane!

6. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Samsung has already had ultra thin phones such as the X820 on the market. Unfortunately their thinness was actually a weakness, the X820 was very fragile and often snapped where the screen met the key pad (and I should know) .

7. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

That patent should have been thrown back in their face, it's a logical step in to improving an already existing combination of two inventions and therefore what's called "progress". This patenting of every single little incremental improvement in anything has to be stopped, it's ridiculous.

8. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

Samsung would have surely applied for it's own patent for this specific implementation before Apple made their application, right? Would have been quite silly not to have applied for a patent once they had mapped out how it would work

Tags: Add Tags