1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking e6300 wolfdale temp issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mutznutz, 5 Feb 2010.

1. mutznutz

mutznutz Cos Ive got a beard u label me evil

Greetings y'all

Been ages since I came on and said hello, the new little person in my life has turned life a bit upside down

Aywho, I've gone from an e6300 conroe to a e6300 wolfdale

It functions fine after a bios update but the temperature sensors on the 2 cores stay at 40 and 43 degrees no change at all

Akll worked fine before just wondered what if anything I could do to sort it, I'm thinking its still a motherboard / bios issue and therefore I cant do anything, just means I'll have to overclock it carefully. I had it running at 3.6GHz yesterday stable in Orthos for about an hour, it was then I noticed the temp hadn't changed at all (stock voltage too)

Its a 650i ultra board, and has a titan fenrir on it so cooling it down shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

Andrew

2. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

The Wolfdales run hot when idle but with good cooling the load temps should be low.

I've got an E8600 under an Fenrir. Idle temp 32/37 degrees on the cores, under load both cores at 50 degrees. This is at 4.4GHz, 1.3V CPU vcore.

3. mutznutz

It seems to overclock really easily ... I just need a way to monitor the temparture while I'm doing it, core temp seems fixed at the 2 temps

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I got my E6600 to 3.8GHz on my P5K Premium, and I had really crappy cooling.

5. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Oh I see what you mean. I have read about stuck sensors before, it seems to be an issue with the sensors on these chips. What about the CPU temp ignoring the cores?

6. mutznutz

Been doing some more reading today and it could be that although my pc is working great after the cpu upgrade, I may need to uninstall the processor through the device manager and let it reinstall it

Maybe windows is confused about it, poor thing

I'll update it later when I get back

Cheers all

7. mutznutz

Well that didn't work

Looks like your right about stuck sensors, I'm getting about 43 degrees on the whole CPU reading, going up to 50 if I really push it (Orthos and Prime). Thats also with the Titans limiter cable put in so its running really quiet too

That's at 3.675GHz with only 1.27V (with Vdroop) so I'm happy with that for the minute. Its stable in Orthos I'll give it a proper run tomorrow

Cheers