1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Motoko, 4 Feb 2010.

1. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

I'm really excited about this game, more so because I played Fahrenheit and that was pretty good. I know today is the release of the demo on PSN Store but I'm not sure if I should play, I don't want to ruin the game when it comes out :D what do you guys think?

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

play it!
    I will be downloading it later when i get home; I have been waiting years for this game to come out, after reading a very early hands out feature back almost 3 years ago in a video games magazine.
    I think the reason why it excited me back then was because the hands on preview in the magazine featured the taxidermist scene and their write up read like a spine tingling gripping novel, which really brought through how creepy that scene was!

3. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

Demo is up on 11th Feb

4. Hg

thanks for that Dinjo_jo :p

5. dinjo_jo

Is the demo available from today ? some are saying it is someone please confirm ?

6. dinjo_jo

7. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

oh doh, I also read it would be out yesterday, but that website you posted dinjo_jo ives you early access with the little cheat.

8. October

October Mariachi Style

I loved fahrenheit...on my pc... :grr:

9. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

Ok i managed to grab a redemption code and ive downloaded the demo, will be playing it later when ive finished my uni coursework :(

10. Hg

the precinct 52 website is taking a beating atm, it cant cope with the people on it lol

11. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

12. Hg

woot got my key, downloading now.....

13. pcnerd

pcnerd Banned

HAH Quantic studios have surely sucked BIG BALLS and axed the pc version . wonder how the hell the stupid decision kicked in their stale minds. I raped Fahrenheit on my pc MANY times and gleefully thought of the same fate for Heavy Rain, until they barked the decision to cancel the pc version. so MIDDLE FINGERS TO YA TOO QUANTIC DREAMS !!!!!!!!!!!

14. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

Just played the demo also and I'm quite impressed. I'm actually considering preordering it.

I really like the atmosphere they've managed to create in the two scenes I played, stating the amount of rainfall along with the time at the beginning of the scene is a nice touch, you can tell that the rain will play a big role throughout the game. The score was absolutely amazing and was what made the scenes so powerful.

The "quick time events" are nicely implemented, Quantic Dreams have really put thought into trying to mimic the characters actions with your button presses (e.g. shaking the controller and hitting R1 in order to shake an inhaler and then inhale). Though there is one thing I would like to see them improve. They state you can adjust the speed at which your carry out the actions which will directly affect the speed at which the character will carry them out. Most actions can usually be broken down into 2 parts, e.g. Grabbing a door handle (right on stick), then turning (quarter circle). Raising your hand, then knocking on a door. It would add to the depth of the character if the player was to effectively hold these break points in the "quick time event". E.g. before getting out of the car you could reach for the door handle, hold your break point in the "quick time event" where the character will be seen tightening their grip around the door handle, before your complete the action and the character turns the handle.

At times I think about this game and talk about it as if a movie, and thats what this really feels like: an interactive movie. I have no doubts it will be a great story, for me its important to feel immersed in the characters and actually become the characters not just control them. Hence my only quibble about the demo.

Your impressions?

15. riggs

riggs ^_^

My only gripe with the demo was the sound quality of the voice acting. First time I played, it sounded ok (through the TV speakers), but for my 2nd play I turned on the surround system; the voices just sounded...crap! Like they were recorded with low quality equipment (almost slightly distorted and too loud in some places).

Other than that, it's a day one purchase for me.

16. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

17. dinjo_jo

Guys i saw Heavy Rain is available in Dubai , also i saw i guy posted a pic and its available in UK also , PLEASE CONFIRM.

18. dinjo_jo

19. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

demo didn't really grab me, seemed very slow and not enough to get the player hooked on atmosphere alone.

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

there is some sort of glitch so you can play as the one female character completely 100% naked. not sure why they put that in there. lol