1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Alan Wake PC officially cancelled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Feb 2010.

1. SoulLance

SoulLance What's a Dremel?

Coming from the guys that brought us the piece of **** GFWL....

2. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

So with more and more console-only-titles there's less and less need for windows.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Oh FFS.

/nuff said.

4. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

I like my 360. My PC and 360 are hooked to the same TV. I play games on the mediums I prefer: FPS on the PC as much as possible, pretty much everything else on Xbox. (Though I do have a controller for my PC too.) So I don't see the big deal. Why not just buy an Xbox Arcade for $200? Surely its the same as upgrading a GPU anymore.

And before you whine about consolfication killing PC gaming-- get over it. Atari and Nintendo were around ages before PC gaming came into any reasonable existence. Even then we're talking Oregon Trail. Everything might not be Ninten-hard anymore, but there's two main reasons for that:

A) Video Games have gone mainstream. There are going to be more games marketed to more audiences. Surely you don't like every movie to hit the theaters. Same with games. For everyone who hates Guitar Hero/Rock Band -- 40 people love it. Just because it isn't your thing doesn't mean its BAD. Not everything has been over-simplified.

B) Our expectations have risen. Just because there's a lot of fodder out there doesn't mean there aren't gems too.

5. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Typical console BS, its a marking ploy. If they blame piracy, its just the typical shenanigans.

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

fck you, Microsoft... fck you....

and fck Remedy for being sellouts.

7. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

Well as I play both my PC and my Xbox360 through the same monitor on the same desk I had better not buy this title just in case I find it too "intimate" in that environment?...Well done guys another sale lost because of lame excuses for not supporting the original and greatest gaming platform....the PC.

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Game will be **** anyways.

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I had stopped giving a rat's **** about A.Sleep anyhow, but seriously... "intimacy issues"? Can you seriously come up with anything more daft than that?

10. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Or in other words, "PC users are more discerning and will spot the game's deficiencies in a flash"

11. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Never mind!! Duke Nukem Forever will come to the PC!

12. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

Who even cares about Alan Wake anymore? you will most likely just surrender your A$$$$$$$ to M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so you make it more intimate!

13. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

kinda funny how Intel chose to use this game to promote quad core gaming - remember one core for physics etc.. Btw, on the subject of Intel and pc gaming, what the hell happened to Intel's amazing looking Project Offset?

Apparently, many are commenting on how in the years since that initial Intel demo, Alan wake has lost its graphical "wow factor" over successive trailers and screenshots . No doubt regressing as the lower tech limitations (esp. vram , gpu) of the console started to really impinge on the artists creativity while they try to keep fps up.

Sadly this is part of a huge, game studio wide trend at the mo, to the point where Nvidia and Ati might have to get their feet wet and become actual game developers or subsidise production more if they want to shift their HW. Recent examples include Bioshock 2- no graphical improvement, Dead space 2 cancelled on PC. Cries of "console port" are being heard everywhere with every new release it seems.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2010
  14. xrain

xrain Minimodder

Fixed:thumb:

15. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

^^ Touche!

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

So basically they're telling us how we're supposed to enjoy the game and that our own personal tastes are wrong if we prefer playing it on the PC with a mouse/keyboard combination on a 1920*1200 monitor? Well, I'm not surprised at Microsoft's ability to be condescending to their customer base.

*ptooey*

18. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

19. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

Well, I hope the game fails spectacularly. I had half given up on it already, but still had some hope for a later release a few months down the line, but this news ends all that. Fingers crossed for poor reviews and sales just to annoy them all.

20. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

More bad news. Bah, bunch of morons!. I hate the world. Humbug.:miffed:

Tags: Add Tags