1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Counter Strike 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 17 Jan 2010.

1. Tele1952

Tele1952 What's a Dremel?

WHaaaaaat?!!! Doesn't anyone know anything about CSPro Mod?? it's Source graphics with 1.6 gameplay, third party game, what more could you want?! It's beta tho so a few issues but still it has got enormous potential. www.cspromod.com for more info if ya want.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And you call yourself a CS fan?

GTFO! :eyebrow:

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Assassination maps are/were much neglected in any incarnation of CS.

4. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I have to say the long post I made was a copy'n'paste from the thread on steampowered. It has been frustrating over the years that people are always asking for fixes, maps, weapons, models, expansions, fresh textures, and so on. However these are all individual voices that end up getting lost in the never-ending torrent of other threads. Never to be addressed by Valve or a community manager.

While the petition seems geared towards a rewrite or a massive expansion/update, I see it as an opportunity to just get Gabe to tell us what the future holds. Is Tactical Intervention the future of CS?

I honestly don't think so, last I heard Minh had a tiny team and was trying to reinvent the original success of CS - that's the equivalent of trying to reinvent the wheel. CS is already great but personally I want a version to call CS 2010. To me that means LOTS of things, but the result I want from the petition? Just a community message from Valve. The CS community is the greatest, happiest and most loyal of any game ... but that won't last forever.

Even if Gabe or a community manager were to say "Guys, we can't tell you anything other than we promise that we're thnking of you and the future of CS".

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Feb 2010
  5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Just fix the netcode and handling of CS:S to work more like 1.6 and the game is perfect. Although I do admit, it runs almost flawlessly on LAN.

6. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

@Digi OMFG your real name isn't nick is it ?? (prepared to look like a twit if im wrong :))

A prettier source engine would be nice, i like the gameplay of css very arcadie compared Always a refreshing break from mw2 :)

Last edited: 12 Feb 2010
  7. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

8. el2k

el2k Modder

1.6 is still better than Source and any new CS they intend to bring out.

Sadly now its losing more and more players :(

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I prefer CS:CZ tbh. Tried CS Promod, but even though it's slightly better than regular CS:S (which I absolutely abhor) it doesn't even come close to 1.6.

10. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

To be honest CSPromod makes all the changes I think are necessary, anything more than that feels like it's asking for trouble.

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

bring back 1.6 and mirc and csgn and people going huge and shaving chins and dropping sick aces
    etc

best days

12. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

But isn't CSProMod just the old versions of the maps on the same engine as CS Source and some GUI changes?

But also it is the same 5 year old textures as CSS, the same net code as CSS, the same hitbox issues as CSS, etc?

13. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

I don't worry about that stuff, doesn't have significant impact on your gameplay in my experience.

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

CS:Source sucks, the fact that Valve decided to hire another company to produce the sequel to 1.6 shows where their interests lie.

CS Promod on the other hand is finally picking up speed. They have streamlined Source maps, revamped the physics and gun handing and are working on animations and skins now. I'm excited even though it's far from the finished product it's a very good start.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2010
  15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I always hated CS with a passion even if I played it a lot because my friends were playing it but I still think Valve should make a sequel ASAP while the game(s) still have a fanbase. Lots of them would move to CS2 if it existed. They would cash in easily on this so I wonder why they aren't working on it

weird

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, they did do CS:S. The problem is that every hardcore fan of CS 1.6 (and CS:CZ for that matter) seems to hate CS:S with a passion. Seems to me Valve doesn't want to pour (more) money into something that potentially will fail big time.

17. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

A developer actually listening to what it's customers want?

Nah...it'll never happen.

:)

18. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Join the Facebook group and help us find out :thumb:

19. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

facebook eh? probably hit em more with a bebo page lol

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

People will just happily keep on grinding the same old 1.6 and CS:S to the end of time, so why would they bother making a new game? :D