1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete GwassGween -FINISHED-Nov13 2013-pics start on page 67

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 25 Jun 2009.

1. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

@Cheaps: you have three computers on your desk already? :eek: Pics or it didn't happen lol.
    I think the perspex plinth then is the best way to go :p You're the Zen master of the shiny plastic stuff, so so be easy peasy!

2. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Looks awesome cheaps, I'm expecting that mill to go on a strike any minute now though :lol:

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:lol: thanks!:D

@DragonOne - One thing you don't see on video of flame polishing is that flaws get enhanced by heating. You just don't get the same level of cleanness IMO.
    @Azayles - Bloo, 'Toad, The Ion PC, and a 21"CRT. -Strong desk!:hehe: -Also I thought this case was the Plexi plinth.
    @Sleepstreamer - SHHHH!:worried: Are you trying to jinx me? I bribe it with a cozy indoor corner, and lots of oil.

4. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

If that case is the plinth, then you need to build another one to go on top :p!
    Must be hella strong desk. You have them all powered up at a time doing different things, or just on show?

5. M.Ø.J

M.Ø.J Getting there!

Haha. That sounds like a solution i wood (would? ) embrace :D
    Its a bliss having stuff around one that you build yourself, even thou they might not be used :)

6. jhbellsh

jhbellsh Hmmm... never mind.

What's happened? I've been happily lurking watching this project and it's all gone quiet?! Hope you manage to get this build going again, be a shame to see it languish...

7. Cheapskate

Thanks guys.
    @jhbellsh - Sorry about that. I want to work on this too!!
    1. I got roped into another contest build. :duh:
    2. I'm swamped with real work.
    3. I'm also working on something else on the side.
    4. I have a squirrel that is turning my house into swiss cheese. It ignores traps, and has chowed down on enough rat poison to kill a human. The little sh*t should wear a cape!

@Azayles - 'Toad models while Bloo renders. Ion is a coaster until I get a 4 port KVM that plays well with it's usb mouse.
    @MOJ - Not using something I have a use for drives me crazy.:hehe:

8. Boxcarr

Boxcarr Will use any tool available.

9. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Got a pesky squirrel problem? My parents had one once. It moved in to the structures between the outside roof and inside roof. They got rid of it by using their stereo system. Whenever they left for work, they turned up the volume and left it singing. In about a week the squirrel went nuts and left :thumb:

10. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Anyone who claims that theyve read this entire worklog?

Author view or it didnt happen :p

11. jhbellsh

jhbellsh Hmmm... never mind.

I've been reading it since it was about 3 pages long... just keep checkin' back!

@cheaps - damn real work... always gets in the way! Hope the squirrel doesn't eat you out of house and home :worried:

12. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Or eat your pedobear :worried:

13. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

Yeh i think this one is worth a watch :) interesting design :thumb:

@ ModMinded, your mod i have been reading for a couple of weeks now lookin good m8, it was also the mod that inspired me to start my own one on this verry site :D :clap:

14. Cheapskate

Thanks!
    @Boxcar - Thanks for the link, but I don't think software-based is the way to go for me. I'd have to have the master rig on at all times, and I really don't want to add something like that to my CNC controller system. :hehe: I do know someone who could use a virtual 3-to-10-port setup. I'm sending them that link.
    @Javerh - The little turd chewed through a 2x6 flooring plank. When I capped that, it figured out it could bend the screen on an attic fan to get in. When I added a better screen over that, it worked it's way in through the heater exhaust. Since that was a one-way trip, It chewed holes in the eaves. It's doing some kind of Jackie Chan move to get on the roof from the eaves.
    @Djayness - What?
    @Bad Cancer - SILENCE!!!!!!:hehe:
    @Pimpin - :lol:

15. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

GwassGween is progressing beautifully, love those clear fins cheaps.

and we're damn proud of it too :D

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

So is Pedo Bear, I'm sure. :)

17. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

So it wants to get there by any means necessary. You have to make it want to leave!

18. Cheapskate

@Bill - :lol:
    @Perplekks - HUSH!
    @Javerh - Believe me, I'm trying. I think all the tripping it's done from the rat poison has made it not care. In fact, it might like heavy metal now. :hehe:
    Naw, truthfully, it's only coming in at night to sleep. I can't cause it much discomfort without making us and the whole neighborhood lose sleep.

19. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Get a mean ass cat. Or a hound dog. Train it to eat squirrels and give it a jetpack.

Or, get one of those cages exterminators use and put some...squirrel food (nuts?)...in it. Can't chew through 1/8" steel the little bugger! Ooo...and you can rig the thing to run a current through the cage. Toasty!

20. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

Looks brilliant mate.