1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding a Logitech MX700 mouse

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pilgrim, 10 Feb 2010.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim What's a Dremel?

I own a Logitech's discontinued MX700 cordless mouse.

I interested in modding it in order to enhance its appearance.

Here is specifically what I want to do:

1) Paint the dark-blue sides in silver/grey, so they'll match in their color to the rest of the mouse which is silver.

2) Paint the dark-blue Logitech round logo also in grey or silver; or mask it completely so it will look like a part of the silver main body.

3) Paint the dark-blue scroll-wheel and three adjacent buttons in grey/silver, and also the dark blue surface beneath the scroll wheel and the three buttons, also in grey/silver.

Is all of the above possible? If so, what is the best way to do that?
    Can I actually apply a "silver" (and not just plain grey) to a part which is painted in simple dark blue?

Here's a picture of the original:

[​IMG]

And here's a picture that will probably give you an idea of what I'm planning (and sorry for the very poor photoshop skills):

[​IMG]

And one more question, probably very stupid:
    Can I, through some kind of advanced modification, transform a corded mouse, like the Microsoft IntelliMouse optical or Microsoft Starck mouse, to a cordless one? :idea:

Thanks in advance.

Regards

2. Reverse

Reverse Reverse/srvR

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim What's a Dremel?

The guide you have linked me to describes how to mod/paint the top (the main surface, the faceplate) of the mouse. As mentioned above, I am primarly interested in painting/modding the SIDES of the mouse, which, in the MX700, are made from a different material than the mouse's top. So, can the methods of modding/painting the mouse's top shown in the guide be applied to painting/modding the mouse's SIDES?

Thanks

4. Reverse

Reverse Reverse/srvR

[​IMG]
    Same guide, so yes.

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

One final question:

Is it possible, through modding, to transform a wired mouse to a WIRELESS one?

6. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

[​IMG]

easy

7. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

More seriously, It's probably possible, but you'd need a lot of electronics knowledge. Unless the mouse is one of a kind, I'd much sooner buy a similar wireless mouse.

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim What's a Dremel?

I see.

The mouse I'm interested in is the IntelliMouse Optical (which was awarded a place in the hardware hall of fame here in Bit-Tech), sadly it does not have a wireless version.
    Is it possible to take a wireless with a similar base and internal construction, and someout mount the IntelliMouse's shell (faceplates, buttons) on the base of the wireless mouse, after I removed its external features?

Thanks.

9. iggy

iggy Minimodder

yes

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

Are you aware of any wireless mice built the same like the IntelliMouse Optical?

I am also interested in the discontinued Microsoft STARCK mouse (which was wired), so any wireless mouse with a similar construction to this one will also be very appreciated.
    Unfortunately its shape is unique, so I'm afraid there's no wireless mouse built similarly, as far as I know that is. The STARCK mouse is still available in many places so there's no problem obtaining it.

Picture:

[​IMG]