1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty pcie slot?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by cdb, 21 Feb 2010.

1. cdb

cdb No comment

I thought my graphics card was faulty, but having swapped a good one and a faulty (kept eueing) the good one now eues and the faulty one folds OK.

I've swapped 3 cards into gpu4 position and it's always gpu4 that eues but the cards seem ok in the other slots.

I'm guessing this could be a faulty pcie slot and therefore a motherboard return.

I have another spare pcie slot, but I can't fit a card in there between 2 other 8800GTs without it touching them. Who ever designed the board didn't use a tape measure I think.

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

It's hard to say either way, as you don't list what hardware you're using, but it might not be the motherboard at fault, but a lack of power for the 4th card.

3. cdb

cdb No comment

I have an OCZ Z1000M psu and an Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer motherboard. I still have 2 6pin pcie modular power slots spare on the psu and 4 8pin spare. The pc draws 550W at the most when folding, so I'd hope it's not a lack of power.
    It's been folding for 2 months with no problem until last weeks gpu server issues, then things started playing up.

4. Pixelatedaddiction

Pixelatedaddiction What's a Dremel?

I think this motherboard has a history of issues if im not mistaken? One of the guys on tis forum, had to rma one because of multiple problems, correct me if im wrong!!

5. cdb

cdb No comment

Are you thiking of the P6T6 ws supercomputer?

I've never seen mine mentioned other than someone was hoping to get one to try out. I never saw a follow up to it tho.