1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows E-Commerce Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by krazykid035, 19 Feb 2010.

1. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

Hello,

I just got a new hosting server where they have CubeCart, OS Commerce and Zen Cart. I believe these are all E-Commerce solutions but I have never used them before. What do you guys think about them?

I need to make sure I start off correctly so I create this store the right way.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2010
  2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive used zen cart in the past, and its simple to use and setup, plenty of free templates around if you havent got time to design your own and theres a really good community behind it aswell.

Never used the others but id imagine they're about the same. Pick whichever has the best support forums imo as theres always somebody that can answer questions.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Just make sure your payments are going to a gateway that is PCI DSS approved.

Actinic are also pretty good, but not free.

4. mrdexter

mrdexter What's a Dremel?

You'll need some php for OS Commerce to do anything other than change the colour scheme.

Personally I like to use the open source joomla with the open source virtuemart component, but Zen always seems to have quite an active community.