1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Alan Wake Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 22 Feb 2010.

1. veato

veato I should be working

Why the console hatred? I'm a fan of gaming. That means I enjoy it on the PC, 360, PS3, DS, whatever medium it happens to come on. I'm suprised so many people are so single minded (or single systemed :s)

2. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

For a small studio. Lame excuse. just tell the truth.......Microsoft paid us big bucks for a time exclusive for the x360.
    nobody is gonna get mad cause you went for the money. Just don't get greedy and sell away Alan Wake (like max payne). Wait 6 months then make a kick ass PC version.

Oh and Rockstar is gonna make more money off Max Payne 3 than you guys will with Alan Wake

3. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Will someone explain the massively annoying "Limited flashlight batteries" trope to me.

EVERY flashlight I own is good for at least an hour, and some will run for many (24+).

Frankly, every flashlight on the freaking market is good for more than an hour, with the exception of those "Shake lights" and a few HID lights that are bright enough to set things on fire.

Why does every game insist on repeating this ********? Can't they actually think of something creative to generate tension?

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Agreed hate that 1min flashlight thing..

Should have it burn out from time to time...maybe a find some batteries system or something?

5. Natima

Natima What's a Dremel?

Maybe thats what happens when your flashlight runs out of batteries... Alan starts vigorously shaking it, as if to **** it back on. Then all the white light starts spewing out and dissolving bad-guys faces.

6. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

I have been wondering that too. A good game, is a good game, even if its not on my favorite system/platform.

Because games have limitations due to technology and for gameplay sake.

If light is to be used as ammunition, then it can't be good for a solid hour.

Same reason many games don't use gas/petrol for their vehicles, fighting games don't lead to broken bones, and medkits magicly heal you.

7. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Meh! My 360 had its last RROD, so I will not be buying this. I'd have bought it on the PC but alas, it was not to be.

8. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Should I PM you my Paypal address so you can send me the money?

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol, it's not really just because of this, I've had my eye on one for a while. Just read all the Xbox reviews this site has done to see why.

Plus, it's now fully set up as a rather nifty little HTPC. I'd pay £160 any day not to have to endlessly convert and sync video files to my MP3 player (a good half hour process) just to watch something on the big screen.

10. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Because consoles are to gaming what Peter Andre is to music...it's technically music, but there is a better way...:D

11. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

:sigh: Tut tut tut. :nono:

12. Natima

Natima What's a Dremel?

What!? Have you never owned a shake-charging torch?

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

WT, if you find that bad steer clear of the demot thread. ;)

14. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Lol I was j/k. Besides, I check out the demot thread on a daily basis! :naughty:

15. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

This is why you should have a 360 these days...

360 arcade is what, 199US now? with the elite being 299US?

so for 200 - 300, you get a gaming rig that plays some awesome games, and has a community that is larger than any PC gaming community out there right now (MW2 on the 360 easily has 700k users playing at any given time). You also get a box that can output HDMI in 1080P PLUS with a install of a codec pack, you can now share all the illegal and legal DVDs / music MKVs etc from your desktop to the 360.

(you can replace 360 with PS3 depending on your taste of games and what platform all your friends are on)

Don't get me wrong though, PC games still should be the best out there quality wise (ATI eyefinity may just be candy, but it shows that PCs are still king when it comes to raw power)

I have a feeling in 10 years, the desktop PC will be gone for the average user.

your Phone will easily surpass current extreme tech, be able to communicate with TVs / monitors without cords, and someone out there will be designing the holoband that is in Caprica.

The holoband in Caprica really isn't THAT far off, definitely within our lifetime if you think about it.
    - We can already use computers to bi-directionally communicate with the human brain
    - We are working on wireless technology that would allow you to EASILY stream a blueray quality video (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.16m ; 100mbits/sec mobile / 1gbit/sec stationary)
    - We are close to pushing the needed amount of pixels to cover 100% of a persons FOV (as a intermediary step before complete computer / brain transmission)
    - Processors are becoming smaller and smaller, and less power intensive.
    - Our coders are picking up the skills required to program with a parallel processor in mind. (not just skills, but the mindset and knowhow to just comprehend it and think in those terms; this is no easy task)

Just think, close to 10 years ago, the ORIGINAL P4 (not inc the 4EE, 4E, 4F) came out (April 2000).

The first GeForce (NV10) just hit store shelves (Q4 99 for the SDR one, Jan 2000 for the DDR version)

Gladiator / Pitch Black / 28 Days / MI:2 / XMEN came out in theaters

Malcolm in the Middle / (Original) Survivor / Dora the Explorer / CSI / Aqua Teen Hunger Force all started.

Oh, and the Nokia 8260 was released in 2000 as well.

16. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

It's pretty odd to plan a game for a platform for as long as they did and pull it this late in the development cycle. That's a lot of money to waste without any return. I have a feeling it will still come out for PC but it will be some time after the 360 release.

17. steleet

steleet Did he death?

Don't worry it will most likely come to PC anyway. They all do.

Tags: Add Tags