1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield Bad Company 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Feb 2010.

1. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Been enjoying the beta but does anyone else get annoyed by the sheer amount of time the server list takes to load? it does a full refresh everytime..

2. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

I don't think it has LAN play... I looked into this and found nowhere saying it was supported, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

3. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Yes, rather annoying, although the Matchmaking is pretty good in all fairness - the ability to connect to IP would be appreciated though.

4. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

Thanks Bonzo - I might have to pick this up when it comes out....I should've finished AvP by then!

5. psychoti

psychoti What's a Dremel?

I just wonder why ppl still play war games!!cause its fun killing you buddies? isn't enough wars around the world,real wars with dead people and children to make you not want to play games likes this?!you can always sent a msg to the game developers by not prefer games like these..you got a choice guys! i hope more ppl to see it the way i do :(

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I wouldn't say awful, but there are some times where a clear shot isn't counted. But likewise, sometimes you can just shoot, knowing you are going to miss the guy you are aiming at, and get a headshot. It's pretty rare, and on the whole the hitboxes are pretty good I would say.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The final visual awesomeness isn't in the beta. You highest settings aren't even available yet. Wait for the gold.

8. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Wait, did I read that they take away the ability to lean in this game? Why not just take strafing, crouching, and the ability to look up and down as well? I personally liked Doom and Doom II.

9. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I see you on your soapbox psychoti and I feel what your saying but until people stop buying them the devs are going to keep making them. I agree it would be nicer to see a different type of FPS these modern war style games can and will eventually get old. I'd love a new Star Wars Jedi Knight FPS developed for the PC.

....Bonzo45, I really hope your wrong and the final version has network/lan play. I hate that this feature is being removed in some current games and I'm sure devs are just doing it because they think its not used or needed anymore. WRONG, you only need 2 to have a LAN game. You can do this at home and not go to a traditional LAN party. Even if you don't LAN game now you never know about tomorrow. DEMAND network play in your games. Now I'm getting off my soapbox. ;)

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

oh gtfo already

Games are all about gameplay. It's all about how you can move and how the character reacts to your controls. I don't give a crap about blood and exploding bodies, why would I ? If the best gameplay ever was in Nerf Arena I wouldn't have given a crap if there were no blood or people dieing because I would have fun thanks to the gameplay.

The game developpers don't give a crap if you don't want them to make violent games just like they don't give a crap if we wanted dedicated servers for cod6, it's all about the money and as annoying as it can be, it's fine that way because as mentioned in another thread today, you can always vote with your wallet. If you don't want to see violent games, don't buy them, period.

remember it's all about the GAMEPLAY

11. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Yes it is VERY fun killing people in a game online. :thumb::rock: Whats your point?

12. labr@t

labr@t What's a Dremel?

think I'll skip this and wait until a proper BF game ie BF3 which is looking likely for 2011.

back to karkland then :)

13. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

I hear that its going to be end of 2011 possible xmas time. BF3 just needs to be BF2 with updated graphics, im not that bothered about the destruction but some would be nice. Imagine Karklands main street just seeing the massive buildings collapsing wouldn't feel right tbh. Oh and one thing is key 64+ multiplayer!

14. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

Oh and i'm loving the BC2 demo over 30hrs played.

15. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Gotta say that I love the Beta. I ended up as an IO player in BF2 due to the fact that the vehicles owned.

Whilst this version has vehicles and they can do serious damage they don't spoil the game for the foot soldiers. The tracer pistol has changed that for me. I get a great feeling when I get one planted on an enemy vehicle and the next thing you see is a few RPG's heading towards the tagged vehicle to take it out.

I'm also glad that they sorted out the engineer repairs. Thankfully it no longer takes 35 minutes to repair something to earn 2 points.

As for not being able to go prone; at first I was disappointed to see it missing. Now that I've played the Beta for a couple of weeks I am actually glad it's missing. It makes the game far faster and not to have people dolphin diving all over the place is a godsend.

As a PC version of a console game I am impressed. I feel too many people are complaining that it's a console port. It started out as a console game and I am delighted that they have ported this to PC. If they hadn't, I wouldn't be playing it.

The destuctability of the buildings and surroundings is brilliant. I love being able to get to players by throwing a nade at them, or noob tubing the area and watch their hiding place disappear. I still love it when running past a building, to hear a loud metallic creaking, look back and watch the building collapse into a pile of rubble.

If they can take BF2 and add all the fantastic developments from this, then BF3 is going to be one hell of a game.

That said, the game has it's faults. My ping can fluctuate massively whilst in game causing me to suffer from 'rubber banding'. The server browser needs a lot of work, the kits and guns need a bit of balancing and having to re-join the game to leave the game is damn annoying. Hopefully all of the niggles will get sorted out for release day. No game is perfect, the Beta is certainly not perfect, but all that aside it's still the most fun I have had in a FPS. I love BF2 and still play regularly, but I honestly think that this is more fun.

Please don't look at BC2 as BF3, it isn't and it doesn't claim to be; what it is, is a damn great, 100mph, action packed blast.

16. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The beta has been great fun, 1 map on an unfinished game with 1 game mode and it has already taken up most of my gaming time for the last few weeks. I haven't even played any of the other BF franchise games before this, but this is best experienced with a few mates in TS in the same squad trying to work together. By far the best multiplayer experience in a long time.

17. ryall

ryall What's a Dremel?

Well bc2 sounds great and all, but how will I find a server to join without IWNet to hold my hand?!!!

18. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

With yet another friends system that we all have to find each other with again....

19. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

One thing about the preview, you say you can still spawn on squad leaders but there are no squad leaders anymore. You can spawn on anyone in the squad now.

20. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

PC release date is March 2nd
    March 3rd your gonna have to file a missing person report to find me. I got enough snacks and powerade to stay held up on my Pc for 3 weeks. Dam I can't wait for this game to come out.
    Hurry UP!!

Tags: Add Tags