1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows AvP Issue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by llah66, 20 Feb 2010.

1. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

Just got the game this morning loaded it up,but when it starts up after you have choosen what you want to play and the intro finishes nothing happens so i press ctrl-alt- delete task manager says avp not responding any one any ideas?
    system
    qx9650 extreme,bfg 280gtx,4g memory,fatality soundcard:wallbash:

2. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I had the same thing. You're running DX10 hardware, so the game runs in DX11 mode which has a few issues. Go to Steam, right click AvP, run DX9 mode and the game works fine :)

Although you can get to the first level by skipping the cinematics in DX11 mode, at every level change the game crashes...

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Started playing it last night not had any problems at all

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Alot of people aren't having any issues, but some people (myself included) seem to get showstopper bugs :(

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I had a CTD when I was playing it on the HW in my sig.

I changed the audio settings from 96khz to 44khz and that stopped it. Though, I followed that advice after googling, and there were a lot of people in the thread/similar threads saying it hadn't helped.

Might be worth a shot, though.

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I fixed this by rolling my gfx drivers back to catalyst 9.12 but since you have a nvidia card, i'd look at your soundcard. It seems creative x-fi cards play havok with AvP.

There is some information out there, i found i had a memory leak which i managed to fix by downloading rob's creative driver suite, try googling it. It should be about 480 MB download.

Hope this helps.

7. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the help done as pimonserry adviced and everything ok have not had a s/card issue yet though