1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get folding to auto resume when screen saver starts

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by alick, 24 Feb 2010.

1. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

i ofen pause my folding gpu to wotch video play games do sum times have to stop for solidworks if im working on a bigish model / asembaly but then i sum times fuget to resume or at night watch a tv / move ill fall asleep be for end an obvisly not resume

but my comp knows when im finesh doing sumet and it start screen saver ( well blank screen then a minet later monitor off) im wundering it eney one knows how to get folding to resume when screen saver start or after sum amownt of idel time

im shore im not the only one thsi would help and if evry one in the team had this weed all get 100% of posibul folding time

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

This must be a troll, right?

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Folding automatically backs off when you're working on something & starts again when you've finished.

4. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

if i triy and wotch a 720p mkv with folding gpu runing the video frame rate gos rite down and fails behind the sound and frames are merged togeter .
    with all most all 3d games the frame rate drops heeps , very unplayable
    i just change folding seting to core priority to lowest and triyd 720p mkv and the video whent after 5-10 seconds

maybe it works beter at backing off with cpu folding

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Always stop a GPU client when playing games or doing GPU decoding.
    You could probably write a vbscript to start & stop it depending on system load.

May I suggest using the google toolbar & spell checking your posts, most people won't help if they can't read what you've written.

6. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

yer that's wot iv been doing .

i don't have eney programming skills was more wonting to know if there was sum thing all ready out there .

dont like extra tool bar wasting screen space or resources i use chrome but it's inbult spell cheker isent all ways that helpful

7. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Advocating stopping folding :eeek:

You should be ashamed :D

On a more serious note, loads of games run fine while folding if you have a powerful enough graphics card. Of course, folding does slow down, but 2-3k ppd rather than 7-10k ppd is better than nothing.

8. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I heartily agree with Saspro's comment about spelling, grammar, and punctuation and normally I don't bother to read such difficult posts.

Today must be your lucky day, because this will probably do what you want.

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Only whilst gaming. If it's stuttering games & video then it's not powerful enough to do both (my i7920 & GTX250 rig at home can do both with very little folding slowdown)

10. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I do suspect troll, but I'll post anyways. Why are you running a screensaver? They aren't needed on LCDs.

11. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

Christopher N. Lew thank you iul have a look at then when i get back tonight

for sum reason thort u had to have a screen saver to get the power option to turn of monitor
    ( did it use to be like that in xp ?)

an it was set to bank screen hardly an screen saver eney way change it to only turn of monitor now u happy

12. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

I must admit I thought someone had been smoking too much myself when I first read this :lol:

I have folded ok with my secondary card but prefer to shut the main card down when gaming. Also playing h.264 movies using GPU acceleration on Media Classic works fine for me when folding.

13. Lehmann

Lehmann What's a Dremel?

i say stay off of the computer and go read a book. practice your spelling.

14. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

you can use windows task scheduler to make it auto start after set time i did this on my dads pc as GPU folding does tend to impact on the speed of the video, and faster the video card i found the worst it is

but 720p on any video card can make it jumpy or bit slow to fire up (pre replay comment, some pcs it does not do it)