1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows A price increase?! I am OUTRAGED! You should be too!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tareq, 23 Feb 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Strangely, no. I got more fun out of that than a lot of really cheap games I've bought :thumb:

2. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

Tareq there was a boycott mw2 petition, the day mw2 came out most of the petitioners were playing the game. This is the same scenario, complain about the price of games and set a petition up, people will still buy them regardless. In theory PC games should be more expensive than console games, as they sell alot less pc games and so the financial return is less.

Also while I understand that paying more for anything is annoying, prices go up and down.

What I personally have a problem with, is when we PC gamers are asked to pay increased prices for a console port. If the developers put in the extra work to make the PC version great, then the price would be justified.

Hopefully as time goes on and the current consoles become severly dated compared to PC hardware configurations, we may see an increase in PC titles being released. Unfortunatly if this happens we will probably have to pay the same price as the consoletards.

Brads

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

4. tareq

tareq What's a Dremel?

I do not think petition works. I am more interested in creating a collective sentiment that disapprove such price hikes and discourages further advancements by other publishers. I would want PC game/hardware sites to write about it and voice the opinion of their readers. I don't mind paying extra $10 if the game quality increases but this is not what's happening. What the developers are doing is increase retail price as well as cutting PC exclusive features out (dedicated servers, mods, etc). On top of that you see developers using more outlandish DRM tools such as the one Ubisoft is implementing which forces you to be online while playing even during single player.

5. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Honestly, cry more. Good luck with your collective sentiment as you have not convinced one person on here of your point of view.

6. tareq

tareq What's a Dremel?

I am happy to see that we are the only people in the entertainment industry in which, multimillion dollars corporations have a customer base that advocate for price increases along side PC features-cut policies. No wonder no one takes interactive media seriously because essentially it's serving a bunch amateurs and thickheaded teens.

7. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I know several people, myself included who you've just pissed off.

Interactive media is taken very seriously which is why hundreds of millions are spent on creating it, protecting it and advertising it.

You need to buck up your ideas and go away

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This.

He's either trolling or just a total douchebag, either way I think we can say

/thread.

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

George Orwell wrote an essay, called Politics and the English language.

The crux of his argument is contained in this excerpt:
    It seems that your reasoning is rife with this kind of scrambled thinking. You've confused what you think is fair, with what the market thinks is correct.

We live in a free market economy. You claim to have a business degree; I would expect said system would form the foundation of all you learned there.

However, you seem to have no real grasp of this particular concept. I'll quote you a definition, just to jog your memory:
    You seem to be arguing, and because of your muddle I've had to infer heavily, that publishers have a monopoly. That's not the case, they own intellectual property rights over their products.

As sole owners and distributors of this property, on a global scale, they can set the prices as they see fit. Whether this is a profit making strategy, and it would seem that it is, is up to consumers to decide.

Your only option, other than to whine on the internet to the disinterested, is to keep your money in your pocket. That is until the product reaches a price equivalent to perceived value of same. This is the only way you are able to define the market value, unless you can sway the opinion of other prospective customers.

You don't seem to be effective in this regard, which brings me back to my original point on your use of the English Language and your seemingly muddled argument.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2010
  10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Don't take that attitude with me, because you're too lazy to shop around.

http://www.google.com/products?q=diablo+3+pc&hl=en&aq=f

CDWOW $41.

Waaah waaah waaah.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

Goodbye Tareq.

The rest of you don't feed the trolls. Naughty :nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.