1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Fast Forward -Module 2-by BT-CustomPC[4/4/10-Beamer mounting Bracket- Campus Party ]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 3 Feb 2010.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we assembled nearly all parts which we had prepared up to now....so we made a big step forward...:thumb: beside the assembly process we made the next parts ....for the backside of the mainboard section and the first part for the top construction....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DeltaFX

DeltaFX What's a Dremel?

Nice damper. For HDD ?

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats getting better and better my friend!!! Sorry for my ignorance but whats that suspension thing there?

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Oh sorry I didnt see that! Case feet now I get it! Sorry again! ;p

5. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we made another big step forward :D

first we attached the parts which connects the shock absorbers with the feets to the mainbase....after that we made 2 small plexiglas pieces which we glued to the backside of the nameplate....there we will place the DVD Drive.....we also screwed the first part of the top construction in its place to see if everything is fine and we didn´t made any mistakes in the measuring process....and last but not least we tested the feet/shock absorber combination and everything works like we hoped :thumb::thumb::thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Amazing design buddy! Wonder though, wont these feet interfere with the motherboards input output on the back? It seems too tight there!

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

its tight :D but we´re only blocking the optical output (which we don´t use) so we luckily don´t get problems at this point....

yesterday we spent the most time in finishing (sanding/polishing) the last parts so that we can assembly everything today and make a first test run.....beside that we also made the last piece for the front of the case....right under the dvd clap we got a hole which needed to be covered.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

[​IMG]

Is that a laptop drive?! Will you have to like pull it open by hand and stick the CD in?!

Just wonderinggg :D

9. shakka65

shakka65 What's a Dremel?

This mod is definietly a wet dream. Totally awesome design. Mod on!

10. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

awesome build, love the plexi work.

what CPU block are you using? I haven't seen one with a white top before.

11. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Thx a lot m8´s!!!!!!!

its an alpha cool water block, but atm i don´t know which exact (have to look)....

In the last days we were ver busy while finishing this and the Hydra Project....because we had to move 1 day earlier to hannover then expected....so we decided to do just the raw work at our workshop (and finish the hydra)....then move to hannover to deliver the Hydra and then finish the Fast Forward assembly in our Hotel Room in Hannover :rock:

Fortunately the cpu arrives just in time....that was the last missing hardware part for which we had to send a big thank you out to OCZ and Intel for supporting us with it!!!!

So we assembled both radiators with their fans, the pump on its top and put everything in what we need to finish it (tubes, thermal grease etc), wrap up everything and move to the Cebit Fairground.....

Once we reconfigured our hotel room after our needings :D we start to assemble everything.
    We started with the PSU, so that we could put all cables in, then we plug on all tubes so that we could fill up the watercooling loop and make the first real leak test (which happily proves no leaks :thumb:).... then we continued with the last plexi parts which had to be attached to the top section so that we can finish the top (& mounting bracket for module 1)....finally all parts were polished and then the night was over :D so that we had to move to the fair again to deliver the Fast Forward Project to the OCZ Booth.....

But enough of the words....time for pics!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

Cool Case. I'm sad, that I haven't the time to go on the cebit.

13. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

How did I miss this? That's awesome! Have some stars man.

14. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot m8´s!!!!! :thumb:

Cebit is done now :rock: and it was so much work and stress :D (like every year) and not to forget.....so much snow (on the last 2 days....:nono:=

Before we returned to cebit on friday morning to shoot a video with plexiglas.tv for their show, we started to airbrush Module 3 ...its not finished (but on its way)...beside that we received a big package with plexiglas inside which we should take with us to the video shooting. Plexiglas.tv is a online "TV" Show from Evonik where they feature different types of uses for all types of plexiglas...the Video shooting took the whole day (because it was done in 2 languages german/english)....but it was also a lot of fun...beside us Fatality was also doing his show on the OCZ Booth which causes big masses of kids cheering around us :D

After the video shooting we were directly heading to the msi booth to repair the top of the Big Bang Fuzion Casemod (somebody tried to get some souvenirs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

Nice impressions from the cebit.

16. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx :thumb:

yesterday we installed an OS, so that we can do the first benchmarks today (core i7 965, 8gb ddr3 - should kick ass :rock:)

beside that we made the first photos with leds in it....i think we will add some more leds today because the lower part is complete dark atm and the cpu needs also more light....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

La carotte d l'o likes this.
  17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You were a victim of vandals again?!!?

The case feet came out great. The whole thing reminds me of one of the robots in the first StarWars movie.:D

18. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Nice case. It looks great.

19. La carotte d l'o

La carotte d l'o What's a Dremel?

Great mod again!! You guys just keep greating amazing stuff and so fast! Where you get all those ideas? Wow :clap:

20. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx a lot mates!!

yeah, on the cebit there is always at least one guy who thinks he should try to get a souvenir :D

We didn´t make any progress, beside the fact that we filled in red tinted coolant :D,
    but today the Video which we shoot @the Cebit is online....so here it is (the english version)