1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Mar 2010.

1. jonmcc33

jonmcc33 What's a Dremel?

Runs smooth as butter on a Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.2GHz and Radeon HD 5850. I never have framerate issues.

I gotta say. The minigun on the Blackhawk is the most realistic sounding that I have ever heard. It rips through people and buildings as well. I was impressed.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I expected pb to be updated 'out of the box' but I had to update it manually to be able to connect to a server. Meh , no biggie

the game is very cool so far but it doesn't really run as smoothly as I had hoped. I can't believe my GTX260 is at its limit already ... *sigh*

3. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

My pre order has just been delivered! Thank you Game!=

4. jonmcc33

It's only a DX10 card. What do you expect?

5. smoke63b

smoke63b What's a Dremel?

Actually they added support in the PC version to change the FOV. It was standard at 55 and I'm running it at 75 now. Much nicer.

6. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

Depends what his opinion of smooth is and what settings he's using. I updated my pc last year to DX10 with a GTX 275 etc so i'll see how well it runs on mine when i get back tonight.

7. mattbailey

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO INSTALL\PLAY

I cannot believe that DICE/EA have released a game, where the joystick and mouse key bindings conflict! You'll know if this happens, as when the maps loads you'll be facing the sky but can look around and move, but cant look up and down - unplug your joystick and it fixes it!

And there was me thinking they did a large scale beta test........

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

...im gonna wait for GTX480 Fermi.....

/runsawayandhideLOL

9. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

ordered mine... looks awesome

10. XSAN

XSAN What's a Dremel?

It seems like all the hype about DX11 is not all worth it. I am surprised that even the authors of this article for the second straight time, do not even mention if it has DX11. I think that as long consoles exist, there will be no real reason for developers to implement it unless it is a PC exclusive.

Dirt2, AVP, and BC2 were all hyped to ultilize DX11; Where is it? Its nice that the games look good, but really, can you truly tell the difference between Warhead DX9 ethusiast vs DX10? I didn't think so. I just bought Mass Effect 2 DX9 and it looks just as good as the games I mentioned above. The shadows in that game look amazing at DX9! I think it has to do much with the game engine itself.

Bring on Crysis 2!

Am I missing something?

Cheers

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Finally, a true Game for True Gamerz !

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Try checking your drivers, you seem to be a very isolated case (at least around here) so it would make sense for there to be a problem on your end. I was running just fine last night on medium with no AA, having too much fun to stop and try high/AA and to be honest... it already looked fantastic anyway. System is in sig, certainly worse than you.

13. shomann

shomann Minimodder

I have mine set for 4AA/8AF 1680x1050 everything on high on an i7920 and 5870 and it plays very smoothly, at least in the singleplayer.

I am not sure what DX11 brings to this party, but there have been a few times where the game looks photo-real. Very impressive visuals.

How exactly do I change FOV? Thanks.

14. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Errr... I thought there was no joystick support at all? So not really their fault if that has been stated. I am not 100% sure.

15. mattbailey

You thought wrong. :wallbash:

16. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The only DX11 feature is 'soft shadows', but to be fair it still looks pretty good all the same.

To change your vertical fov setting, go to C:/users/your_folder_name/MyDocuments/BFBC2

Open settings.ini in notepad, and change the 'FOV' value to your preferred option.

There is an FOV calculator here, if you are unsure of what value to put in: http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Note that the value you need to put in settings.ini is your vertical FOV.

17. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

roll on payday 20th of this month thats the probelm whe n you settle down and you are still a big kid at heart house hold bills come first still cant complain got avp to keep me occupied lmao

18. jonmcc33

LOL! There are major differences between DX9 and DX11. You just aren't paying attention to them.

19. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

It's a fair point, though this is why. Clearly BF:BC 2's Frostbite 1.x isn't the last word in exploiting the DX11 feature set. It looks like Dice's intention is to end all DX9 support with Frostbite 2.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2010
  20. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Forever gamer

I find that 74 is a good figure for 1650 gaming

Tags: Add Tags