1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF BC2 - Learn to Spot ffs!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Baz, 9 Mar 2010.

1. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Anyone elses weapon stars incorrectly unlocking? I have over 100+ kills with certain weapons but no stars, when they finally do show up it will say 50 kills needed for silver, kills with this weapon 105.

I'm also really peeved that stats get rolled back if the game server crashes. I got the 2 5000 point pins for playing 24 hours and for 100 squad resupplies, then the server I'm on kicks it, no not only did I not get those points towards my level up, but they are still in my stats, meaning I have to play another 24 hours and do 100 more resupplies to get the points I should have gotten the first go around. :wallbash:

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I find it risky to mortar vehicles, one slight move and generally they can escape being destroyed. Not that i don't do it... just that if there's a better target i'll usually go for that.

Generally now i play the campy campy sneaky sneaky recon player that everyone seems to hate... Although the difference being that when i'm with my friends on skype i generally tell them to attack the m-com station whilst i:

a) Mortar the buliding/area so that the area's exposed.

b) Spot any enemies approaching for the defuse.

c) Snipe out anyone defusing... people don't see to grasp the concept that you can move during a defuse and although it's hassle to compensate for someone that circles the m-com station whilst defusing, if i have an open view i can normally time the shot quite well. :D.

I've never had something that extreme, but there's certainly a disparity in terms of "Kills" and then "Kills Needed". For example my M24 at Gold Star Level 2 is 207ish kills atm, but i only need 70 odd more to get the next level because whilst it saved my "Kills Needed" stat, it hasn't updated the actual "Kills" stat.

3. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

I finally emailed EA for help and their response was the only weapon that should be bugged is the assault's AUG, the others he said sounded like a problem with people who played in the beta and carried their account over. Really frustrated though I want to get more of the rank weapons and specializations but not having stars really makes it tough for me. Per round I usually get around 1k combat and anywhere from 1k to 30k in pins, or at least I used too until the stars went away.

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hmmm, neither me nor my friends have noticed any problems with Beta stats carrying over... But yeah, not being able to get them would be rather annoying since they give quite a nice boost when you first start out.

Okay, i lied... actually looked up how many it took to get a platinum medal and supposedly it's 10 Gold Stars/1000 Kills... now whilst i love the M24, the lack of any Sniper sway on the GOL Magnum just makes it so much more easier to use, especially since headshots will still one hit kill at any distance. Just going to finish the next Gold Star (need 40-50 more kills) then will switch to the GOL.

5. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Was that you? I kept seeing " so and so committed suicide " :lol:

I like playing it but with my skill level being a little low, I feel bad for letting other members of the team down. Oh well cannon fodder till I learn :thumb:

6. cotter

cotter What's a Dremel?

I did commit suicide a couple of times!!!

I tried last night, the server was empty so went on for a flying lesson. Changed the inverted flying in the options menu and can fly fine now.

7. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

This drives me up the wall. I am always spotting when I can (if it works). I am get sick to death of walking around a team of snipers shooting at something yet they never, ever seem to spot what they are shooting at.

I was playing with a few friends the other night and I think I spent the half the night moaning at them about it (I'd had some red wine and needed all the help I could get). It really, really drives me up the wall that people don't do it.

I think it does say a lot about the world. Most people are only in it for themselves. They are not interested in being in a team and being helpful to others.

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

There is no excuse for this laziness.
    My other half also doesn't bother using her "Spot enemy" key complaining that "it doesn't work properly" etc.

Hit it goddamn! if it works, great, if not, fair enough. As it works 90% of the time its worth doing.
    I wound up taking sniper and getting the motion mines out last night as people not spotting on M-Com points was pee-ing me off so much!

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

it happens. I only use motion mines for when i am holed up in a building and dont want any nasty **** pushing in sessions.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've got a similar case that makes even less sense: 7 dog tags, all unique. Knife records only 6 kills. Wat. Apparently I am just so scary that one guy handed over the tags and gave up!

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I joined a server the other day and the rules said NO SPOTTING!!

I think it also had no kill cams too so I guess this will be a hiding place for those sneaky snipers

12. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

Anyone noticed the 6x zoom on the M24 (I think it's 6x, it's the first extra distance unlock) is really inaccurate? You fire on the tip of the arrow but it doesn't hit unless you go for a body shot.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

The M24 doesn't have an Arrow Crosshair... are you on about the SV98 ? Sniper Skasiviayuaufua (something). ?

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

The 6x scope you unlock is like the ACOG scope from MWand MW2...a load of shite....

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The ACOG is 4x.
    I too tried it on a sniper and I'm pretty sure its actually less zoom than the default sniper scope though I have nothing to back that up.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Ahhh, my bad, yeah the ACOG is a 4X zoom whilst the default sniper is 6X which is why i got confused.

But i agree, hate the ACOG with a sniper since when you turn fast the Arrow won't stay centre (or at least it appears that way for me).

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I'm not sure what magnification the scopes are, I was just using the ACOG as an example, it still sucks regardless..