1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield Bad Company 2 video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 10 Mar 2010.

1. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Wish they would pull their finger out and sort the issues out.
    I'm liking the multiplayer but I can barely finish a round before I'm disconnected.
    Sometimes my hit reg is screwed, like a full clip direct at the guy almost filling my screen and he survived and shot me once and I died?

I just had a thought.
    Bit could liaise with EA/Dice directly to bring updates on exactly what they're doing to resolve things.
    Would mean we have a good place to get info on updates and also give an insight into the issues from the other side of the server.
    Right now I could quite happily swing for whoever is responsible for the issues but I'd be much more understanding if I knew what they were facing with getting things resolved. :)

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Nice video, but multiplayer is where it is at with this game (at least when the EA master servers are playing ball).

3. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

MW2 was not my game, absolute **** compared to BC2's multiplayer. Love the balance and the realism. Its actually rewarding to land a hit with a sniper. The classes are underpowered though for a brand new player. Engineers cant repair lvl1, medic cant heal, support cant...support. Kinda herds you into playing recon really. but lvl 5 is a good place to be.

4. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

Love it, warts and all. I got used to the no prone sooner than I thought. (Here's the wildly optimistic bit) I hope EA/DICE learn the lessons from BC2 to make Battlefield 3 more stable etc. when it comes out.

I feel a bit light headed for some reason.

5. veato

veato I should be working

I had loads of unlocks at lvl1 including healing and defrib, etc. I think its 'cos I was a battlefield 'veteran' having previously registered BF2, BF2142, Bad Company, etc.

I think?

6. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

I got a load of unlocks all in a glut, sniper rifle, silenced SCAR and some other bits, as I was in the middle of a level. Like the one with the docks and ship, every map is good for snipers, unlike MW2. As I bought off steam also got the Thomson SMG and the Colt .45 but not sure they were worth the extra money...?!! Too lazy to drive 20 miles round trip to Game to buy it.

7. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

M1911 was worth it alone :)

8. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

Baddlefield? What's with the yank twang?

Cool vid' though.

:thumb:

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

good review, makes me want to get the game... gotta buy a desktop again tho... I don't think this macbook pro will cut it for gaming...

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I doubt it! BF2 was just as broken at release and every subsequent patch usually broke it even more. Was hoping things might be fixed today as the news ticker said something about adding new hardware their end to fix things - maybe they added another hamster to the wheel cos it's still flakey.:rolleyes:

11. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

To be honest, I just got this game, I went through the BETA with a pre-purchase but decided it wasn't good enough, then resorted to buying it a couple of weeks later.
    From what I can see, the game itself is not finished, it should still be in BETA stage, as I get constant disconnections, no pings showing in game, the hit boxes are way too big (after running around a corner, I find myself shot by someone chasing, who was still round the corner).
    I am very disappointed in this game, the visuals and playability of it, beats most games out there, but the fact that 10 minute games, and loosing my stats means it gets 2 out of 10 in my book.

EA need to look at developing games until they are ready for release, and not just to jump on the crapy MW2 band wagon.

It cost me £23, its going to be uninstalled and thrown in the corner, because its justa waste of space, time and effort.

12. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

sounds more like high ping or ADSL connection dropping out, then bugs that your having with disconnects

things that are annoying with the game,
    server list is crap it should load the list as its getting the pings back from the server so the only option is to use Play now as that instantly connects
    The Snow levels are not so friendly with lower end cards (9800gx2 :p) the smoke snow affects do lower the FPS an bit

this is an dice game so games norm do get released like this as long as they do not do what they did with 1.3 patch that N00b'd the servers for 9 months i not sue them this time (server crash bug that made the server reboot after 1-2hrs of uptime basicly killed the BF2 user base and it never really recovered form the 1.3 patch)

13. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Not gettng a high ping (always try UK connections) nor is my connection a problem, it is as stable as anything (connected for 32 days so far).
    I have read so many threads about, it must be peoples hardware causing the problems, network connections, graphics cards etc. but considering this is the only game from approx 40 I have issues with, that tells me that it isn't finish, and they should have taken more time checking through for bugs.

As I said, disappointed, but there will always be other games round the corner which will no doubt catch me eye, leaving this thing to gather dust.

Tags: Add Tags