1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Native resolution not listed/available.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Keith_Whi, 12 Mar 2010.

1. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I have just restarted my PC and have now developed a strange issue which I don't seem to be able to resolve.

Wondered if someone could shed some light on it for me. :thumb:

When I restarted it the resolution was changed to 800x600. So I popped into CP and the native 1920x1200 is no longer there, same in nvidia CP. Max resolution is 1600x1200.

I then uninstalled the current nvidia drivers and reinstalled the latest ones from nvidia. Unfortunatley it changed nothing and the maximum resolution I have available is still 1600x1200.

I then tried to manually add a resolution and although it states that my settings have been changed, they have not and it reverts back to 1600x1200.

Everything else is normal but the display looks awful! :grr:

Apologies for the long post,

Specs are in the sig, monitor is a cheapie, could it be the display?

Many Thanks in advance all,

Keith.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

1- Uninstall Nvidia drivers
    2- Use CCleaner to clean the registry
    3- Go in SafeMode open regedit.
    4- Now, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

You will notice that you have several keys (folders), in "{}" with some random name and number.
    Go inside one by one, you will have sub key's "0000" and "0001".
    If you scroll inside one of them (0000 = 0001, they are the same) and you see if anything that says your GPU name or "Nvidia". If you do encounter one, delete the entire folder (not 0000 or 0001 but rather {<random number/letter>} key.

5- Once done, close regedit and go in C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Local, look for NVIDIA Corporation folder, and delete it.

6- Now, go to C:\ProgramData and delete Nvidia and NVIDIA Corporation folders.

Note, that ProgramData and AppData folders are hidden folders.

Restart your computer in normal mode, and install the latest Nvidia drivers, and it should work now.

thehippoz and Keith_Whi like this.
  3. Southern

Southern Lovable Internet Nutcase

Well I was going to suggest installing any software you got with the monitor as this has worked for me in the past, but do have a look at the above, very very very detailed post and hope it works!

4. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Absolutley spot on! :D

Worked first time.

Many Thanks,

+1 rep

Keith. :D

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Great! :)

I think I'll implement this cleaning process in the coming up version of my tweak tool, as this is a common problem, and tricky to solve.