1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BSOD problems (windows 7)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by charlesbeams, 13 Mar 2010.

1. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

Since changing to Windows 7 on Tuesday, I've been getting BSOD a lot

I looked at another thread and it said about BluescreenView, so I've got that, but I don't understand most of it really, I do know however that I've had it happen 39 times since Tuesday.

Anybody know why this is happening so often?

2. Southern

Southern Lovable Internet Nutcase

Yup, me too, mostly it seems to happen online or if I have an ethernet cable attached.

3. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

open bluescreen view.

click on the first dump in the list, and click the copy button.

I assume the entries all look similar and are cause by the same file?

paste the info here.

4. charlesbeams

they are all caused by different problems, however the majority are NT Kernal & System or something similar, meaning windows 7 hasnt been installed properly?

5. charlesbeams

I took a screenshot of the the last few days BSOD, hopefully someone can help me out by having a look.

[​IMG]

6. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

I'd start with checking your memory and HDD.

7. charlesbeams

I first thought it was RAM as it was newly fitted, and ive moved them around, and tried memtest a few times with no problems, and someone suggested crystaldiskinfo to check my hdd, and its fine.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd just try reinstalling windows. Whenever I've had funny things like this, reinstalling usually solves it.

Apart from my grandads PC, which for some reason blue screened no matter what. Could never work it out. Although it has, touch wood, been alright for a while, don't know what he did to it, maybe he stopped using it, :D

9. charlesbeams

i was thinking of going to 64, but ive just update some stuff, so ill see how things go from there

10. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

If your RAM passed Memtest [a few passes at least], and is at default voltage and timing then it's fine. It looks to me like the ACPI is arsing about, Windows 7 really really likes the AMD Cool'n'Quiet drivers installed.

For troublesome machines I'd usually flash the latest BIOS, then set BIOS to defaults, and just set the minimal setting to get started.
    Set SATA to AHCI, CPU and mem timings and voltages to default.
    Install Win 7. Install the ATI [hidden away in the Catalyst individual motherboard section] or nvidia southbridge drivers and reboot, then VGA drivers. Then the other misc drivers sound, LAN, ACPI, etc in that order.
    Straight to Windows Update, and install any missing drivers but not chipset or VGA.

Good luck, please post back.

Edit: I've just seen you're 32bit, so install with one stick in too.

11. charlesbeams

nothing went well after updating bios, chipset, and stuff, so i went for 64bit instead, installed fine, was really messing up while trying to update windows.

anyway i took out the ram that i had in, and put my old stick in, and so far, no problems, but ill give it a while before i say its sorted

12. charlesbeams

So seems like the ram is either not compatible with my motherboard, or its dodgy, im not sure which