1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Command & Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 16 Mar 2010.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I forgot the game was even released, and i'm a huge C&C fan, and have been since C&C Gold, but the beta made me cringe. I'm also one who likes limited edition sets, and C&C 4 has a LE version, but it's a a download only job, and is still £40, what a waste, and i'm not sure i want to depart with £26.99 for it either.

Sam

2. veato

veato I should be working

As opposed to the the mindful PC users who buy millions of copies of The Sims?

You point the finger at the consoles but its not their or the owners fault. Point the finger at EA for making a **** game or at the lack of sales/number of pirates making it not worth EAs time to make a decent PC version.

3. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Before i read this, does it contain spoilers? I don't want the end of a 15 yr storyline to be killed for me :p

4. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

and this was one of the games to watch for 2010... :)
    Who wants to bet a cookie that StarCraft 2 will be many times better than this? :)

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I reckon they will both suck. Can I has cookie now plesh? :hehe:

6. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Isn't C&C 4 a PC-only release? What's with the anti-console comments? How are consoles responsible for EA making a mess of a game that isn't even being released on them?

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No spoilers beyond the point where you choose a campaign (i.e., the tutorial). And, yes, it is a PC only release. It says so at the very top of the very first page.

8. veato

veato I should be working

:duh: so much fail at all the 'its your fault xbox' comments :hehe:

9. LJF

LJF Modded

Anyone know of where to find a good spoiler? I think i'd prefer to read that than waste time and money playing the game.

10. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

IT doesn't even have LAN play from what I understand. A RTS without LAN play. You might as well cut of an arm because in EA/Ubisofts eyes you only need one. ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE....everything online, frak online. I'm starting to hate the online generation of games. It was kool in early 2000s but now that these companies are abusing it I'm become resistant to it.

You know It be real nice if I could play a LAN game with my kids. Its total B.S. they are removing a feature that has been in PC games for over 15(?) years. To those who don't LAN game this is the true consolefication of PC gamers. Remove features that are unique to PC games making them more consolelike. If I want to console game I'll play my consoles. Personally I prefer PC gaming. So devs/pubs stop f'ing with it!

11. tripwired

tripwired Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

/me reinstalls Supreme Commander 1.

12. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

i've been wondering that myself, I love the PC, i love consoles, there are just games that are good on the PC and vice versa imho.

anyway...

I dont blame consoles for the C&C 4 failure, I blame EA ...

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Why did they have to ruin the game down to the last core game mechanic? why?
    Not going to buy it, not even when it hits the bargain bin a month after launch due to poor sales and not even going to bother pirating this junk.

14. Xir

Xir Modder

For Kane!

or not...in this case :miffed:

15. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Gutted was looking forward to this. But now.... forget it, crappy DRM and sounds like a crappy game.

Once again vote with your wallets and spread the word.

16. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Wow. What a let down. Why are they dumbing down this game? Seems to be a trend recently.. what with Supcom2 also being simplified.
    Atleast Supcom2 could still be called an RTS. This game is an abomination of an RTS made for retarded children.

Having read the review I expected a score of 2.. maybe 3 at best. No idea how u got to 60%

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I already know it is many times better. Atleast, based entirely on betas. At least we can rely on Blizzard to keep fans happy. I can appreciate if people don't like the formula, but this and SupCom2 are such let downs from my favourite RTS series'. At least I can hold one up as an example of how not to alienate a fan base. Although, Blizzard don't have LAN support in SC2 either, so wtf is going on there.

Agreed. Even if SupCom2 is simplified over the original, at least it still clearly resembles the game it used to be. The changes are for the worst, but it's definitely not a bad game in it's own right. Just shouldn't have Supreme Commander in the title. Maybe "Medicore Commander" or something similarly underwhelming.

18. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Well now its been confirmed you need a net connection to play, I wont be buying this at all.

19. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

[​IMG]

20. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I've brought every single c&c game, but think I'll give this a miss. I hate tank-rushing. I'd rather build my base, army & defences before setting up a mult-pronged attack just after releasing my super-weapon!!

Tags: Add Tags