1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Command & Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 16 Mar 2010.

1. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

/me reinstalls total annihilation

Bah the games were all good up till RA2 and RA2YR, generals was ok but this killed C&C :waah:

building bases and employing different units and strategies and harvesting resources etc like them good old RTS's that's how it's suppose to be in my opinion.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2010
  2. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Ugh... such a shame. C&C3 was at least decent, but with no base building, what's the point?

3. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Ugh. And again, Ugh.

Stupid design decisions aside, this sort of DRM means I don't buy the game, period.

4. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Snap - I wanted the complete collection but since they made the RA3 add-on digital only and now this game reputedly manages to lose the tongue-in-cheek hammy charm of CnC's cutscenes - If I ever change my mind one day I'll pick this up in the bargain bin for less than the fiver I paid for Red Alert 3.

5. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

I've just seen an example of gameplay on youtube, this game is complete fail! I'll never play it, even if it was for free. The element of tactic has been completely removed - it's all about overwhelming enemy with as many units as possible. And what's the point of multiplayer when standard grandma is on par with veteran C&C players? Why it's called Tiberium Twilight anyway? It's like "OK we've got this game and these cutscenes, let's mix it together and call it C&C Tiberium Twilight". This is tragic end to C&C and I hope EA fail so miserably they'll leave PC platform and never ever touch any PC legend again :( ...

6. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Nope, I wouldnt and I even bought Conan on 360.

7. Kaldskryke

Kaldskryke Lurker

Wow, it sounds terrible... and it still gets a 6?

8. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow What's a Dremel?

Curse it.

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

So. Much. Rage.

Anyhoo, stop fussing about review scores and think more about what was written. The game won't be broken, it will just be totally different to what long-term fans of the CnC series want, with very simplistic gameplay. Also, it will look just as good/better as CnC3. Therefore it gets a medium score.

There hasn't been a really good CnC game since Firestorm :( Weird that the innovation there was stripped off and the series made increasingly more generic...oh wait. EA. My bad.

10. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft What's a Dremel?

I didn't even know this was coming out until it showed up on my Steam front page. The metarating made me hesitant to buy it right off, and this review has sealed the deal. I'll still buy it eventually because I want to see how the series ends, but not until it's under $20.

11. cjb119

cjb119 What's a Dremel?

Poo, was actually looking forward to this, 3 wasn't bad at all in terms of entertainment...naff in terms of RTS's:)
    I hoped 4 would be similar enough...oh well will wait for the steam sale then.

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

totally different to what long term fans want = broken.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

check out hte metacritic on it, havent seen so much rage since supcom 2

14. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Oh well guess i'll just get the story cutscenes off youtube and avoid the game.

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Lol. I'm at least as much a CnC fanboy as anyone here, but I can remain objective enough to see that a game isn't broken just because it's not the way you want it to be.

16. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

It's from the same jealous PC gamers who resent the success of consoles, and the fact that the latest releases from them are better than anything on the PC, it's as simple as that. Games like GoW 3 are an indictment , if anything, of whats possible and whats happening in gaming, and it's not happening on the PC! They see that, and it hurts. I'm just shocked at the lack of outrage over the SAME DRM AS ASSASSIN'S CREED, a constant internet connection! What hypocrites! If you look at it, it's the devs saying that they don't trust PC gamers.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** off.

18. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The whole wrap up the story deal aims the game squarely at those who liked the previous ones, so changing too much just doesn't fit into this game, besides, why not save the innovation (or messing it up depending on point of view) for whatever new story they will start after the whole GDI vs. NOD thing?

20. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Console Vs Pc arguement: Some games are better on console, some on PC. Pc has the advantage of better hardware. Consoles "just work". Both are good. Kthx bye.

C&C 4.....

Let me get this across, I have every C&C game, all the collectors editions once they started making them. Joe Kucan as Kane has to be one of my favourite computer game characters ever (just watch out takes from the making of them, he loves having a laugh). Unfortunately since EA bought out Wetwood the games just haven't been quite the same, and from the beta and this review...I may give this game a miss till it drops in price (a lot).

End of an era in games, and it goes out with a whimper....

Oh and as for Generals and Zero Hour being the best C&C games...no, not really. Good RTS alright, but not the best C&C.

Tags: Add Tags