1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Tribal HTPC - UPDATE 12: SPONSORS!! Koolance and DangerDen

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Fozzy, 31 May 2007.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

My second Sponsor and also my main sponsor is Koolance. These guys are awesome. Their representative Tim Hunting worked with me over the last week to piece together a watercooling system that will suit my needs. He's a great guy and I recommend anyone to have a chat with him if you are interested in watercooling. These guys hooked me up as you will see in just a second. But first I must say thank you Tim and thank you Koolance. Your support is appreciated.

For this section I was able to take pictures of the packaging. So I am going to go through the experience of my "early christmas"

[​IMG]
    What's this on my doorstep? Koolance SICK!
    [​IMG]
    My fingers fumble as I burst with joy!
    [​IMG]
    Right on top we have some stickers for representing. These won't go on the mod but I'll think of a cool way to use em ; )
    [​IMG]
    Biggest box in the package. I had to open it first.
    [​IMG]
    Sweet, tubing and some springs...what else is in here?
    [​IMG]
    Cool, some splitters. Won't be used in this mod but definitely nice to have handy for the future.
    [​IMG]
    Yeeeeeeaaaaa Boooooooyyyiieee. Pump reservoir combo. It acts as a fan controller, temperature sensor, has an adjustable pump knob for the MCP355, alarms, and some sweet looks. AWESOME!!!
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to turn it on.
    [​IMG]
    Clean back with nice labels....Maybe I'll mount this externally.....
    [​IMG]
    Ooooooooh is this what I think it is?
    [​IMG]
    Yep
    [​IMG]
    CPU-330....freakin beautiful. Now should I use this or the TDX? Performance or looks....damnit
    [​IMG]
    Flat enough for me.
    [​IMG]
    Green coolant. Noice. I have enough now for like 25 computers lol. Maybe I'll watercool my lawnmower.
    [​IMG]
    SWEEEEET. Chipset blocks. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture on these so you'll have to wait for the group shot.
    [​IMG]
    Hardware.
    [​IMG]
    Voltage coolers!!! Necessary? Probably not but damn they're cool.
    [​IMG]
    Now that's sexy.
    [​IMG]
    Always wanted these but they were always out of my budget....NO MORE!!!
    [​IMG]
    Quick Disconnect fittings. Good way to break down a system.
    [​IMG]
    Enough fittings to watercool the pentagon.
    [​IMG]
    TONS of tubing, and a cool picture.
    [​IMG]
    Everyone together now.
    Now for the glamor shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And since I had all of these new toys I just had to put some barbs on them. Sorry for the quality of the Pics, everything outshines my camera....litterally.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's my Koolance Sponsorship. Thanks Tim.

2. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

And now for part 3 of the updates.
    A few more goodies that I purchased myself and some modding work.

[​IMG]
    a couple more 500gb Hdd's
    [​IMG]
    And all of my 500gb HDD's for a total of 2 terabytes to go along with my 2 74gb raptors. Overkill I know but who cares! It's not YOUR money hahah.
    [​IMG]
    A few of them Mounted.
    [​IMG]
    Tried out a little polishing. I'm liking this finish. It's not mirror but it resembles sort of a brushed look. I think I might keep it.
    [​IMG]
    Drilled out the mounting holes. No more gap : )

And that's it for modding. It's short I know but I've been buys. Enjoy!! Oh and don't forget to check out my sponsors. The last two updates are dedicated to them.

3. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Very very very very very very nice sponsors! Congratulations!

Last edited: 1 Nov 2007
  4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Thanks. And yes Both of my sponsors are AMAZING

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Friggen niiice! Shiny stuff is hard to take pics of. By the timeyou get done with the case it will be impossible to shoot pics.
    -but why did they ship in a 'keep frozen' box?

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

It's 'cause the blocks are so pro they freeze the box.

7. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Lol I have no Idea. If I were to guess I would say because of the coolant. Possibly to minimize the sloshing and prevent spills and such. And yes it is definitely hard to take pictures of shiny stuff. Especially when my camera sucks so bad. When this mod is completed I have a friend who's into photography and he has some nice stuff that he'll use to take pictures. I actually have a few friends with stuff like that and another friend who is amazing with photoshop so I'll probably take them out for lunch in exchange for a shoot.

8. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Just read through the entire log, looking damn nice and congrats on the sponsors. Though the title is misleading, I thought you meant you had 12 sponsors. Edit it to read "Update 12: Sponsors!"

Loving the custom alu work with the bending and all. Looks much nicer than most custom alu cases with frames.

9. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I'll edit the title. And yea that's why I decided to go with bending instead of frame work. It wakes for a much more solid case and I think it makes everything look mer "Stock" like it was a production run or something.

10. Shazbom

Shazbom What's a Dremel?

hi mate. can you tell us why you never finish your mods? i was looking at both of your mods but i can see you never finished it. any final photos?:eyebrow:

11. nlancaster

nlancaster Minimodder

Yeah, when is this going to be finished?

I approached Koolance about sponsorship awhile ago. They were complaining about a lack of return on sponsorships and probably wouldn't be doing much of it in the future.

Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us.

Just Epic!

12. Botn3vik

Botn3vik Mod it!

OHH! SNAP! U DIDN'T! (In gangsta bitch voice)

Sorry just had to.. i read both your log's sooo i kinda get this hostility.

13. llPsyCholl

llPsyCholl What's a Dremel?

I hope that he has a VERY good reason for not finishing it.. :S
    Hate to see when this happens..

14. nlancaster

nlancaster Minimodder

My logs on Hardocp? or Fozzys logs?

15. Botn3vik

Botn3vik Mod it!

sry, i was talking about what you said on "Djayness" EPIC work log :worried:

Hehe.. :hehe:

;) ;)

16. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

The hostility is from me flaming another persons worklog : ) I tend to excite people but that's okay because it makes people think.

The reason this mod and many others haven't been finished is because my family is constantly moving and I've been at war with my new stepdad to have my garage back. It's very painful that I haven't been able to work on my mods. Most of them are within a week or two from finish. Also, since I've had to pack my pc on an airplane 5-6 times a year, watercooling has become too much of a hassle, so I've switched to air until I graduate.

I have spoken with my sponsors and there has never been any hostility between us. Any "lack-of-returns" has not come from me. I have attended many Lans with fully finished mods showcasing the products. These mods were quick to accomadate the Lan so they were never posted.

I do hope to finish this mod at some point but I'm going to restart from square one. It's just too intricate to be done by hand, at least by my requirements, so I may have to result to.....ugh....lazercutting or some sort of CNC machining. But as many of you may know, I despise both...so I am at a loss. I have a much more simple project I have started with an A05 that I will work on this summer. I completely redesigned the interior cage but I wasn't satisfied with it and tore it out. Too little planning resulted in miscalculations and way to many last minute changes.

I still have the Koolance Gear and I Plan on using it in the future. Through some rough patches I almost sold some of the kit but I decided against it as my concience felt unethical.

(excuse spelling mistakes I'm not using Firefox ATM)