1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals WePad vs iPad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cateye, 19 Mar 2010.

1. Cateye

Cateye What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Source: Neofoine

WCCFtech

techcrunch

2. Hovisloaf

Hovisloaf What's a Dremel?

but can it play crysis?

3. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Its beyond me why they have not made a glorified wireless monitor that connects and functions off of a desktop PC. It would not only be extremely portable (only needs to run the LCD and touch input) but would seriously be a powerhouse. With the advent of everything wireless, I am sure it would be doable. I would say that this is not something you would want to use out of the house, so it would have distance limits.

Glad to see some competition to the ipain though, haha

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

iirc the panasonic toughbook laptops have the option of a secondary wireless touchscreen lcd.

EDIT: Wireless Display apparently its good for 300ft from a wireless access point.

On topic, from reading the specs it looks good id like to see a price and i may even be tempted. It will never be as mainstream as the ipad, more the sensible choice over brand name

Last edited: 20 Mar 2010
  5. Judge Zetsumei

Judge Zetsumei What's a Dremel?

That's a really good idea. I would love to see something like that. There wouldn't be much to it either so you could probably put a fairly beefy battery in there.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I would rather the clock speed of the CPU was dropped from 1.6ghz to 1.0ghz, would gain a bit in battery life, but otherwise, has some very nice looking specs, and 6 hours battery to the iPads 10, but that's obvious given the WePad has a 1.6ghz clock, and a 11.6" Display. Will defo be keeping my eyes open on this.

Sam

7. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Is it worrying it took me a while to get the joke between Ipad and WEpad? :worried:

8. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

It has been done, it was one of those "Going to be big" technologies pushed by MS somewhen around 2000/2001 (Me thinks). You had a rechargeable "slate" type screen running windows ce, and that would remote desktop (A standalone version of it) into the pc running the right software. It was terrible, truly terrible.