1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL O2 you fail!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 19 Mar 2010.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've had nothing but trouble from TalkTalk as I posted ( post 13 in this thread ) I dont think they were taken over by anyone they are carphone warehouse in fact they took over tiscali recently.

plusnet are good I'm getting 5.9 average on the pro package and all downloads between 12pm and 8am is free and is not counted as part of the 20 gig allowence.

but if you want the best check out fast.co.uk they guarantee max speed with no speed drop at any time you cant get better than that.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2010
  2. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

I signed up with O2 ("Access" service, which uses BT Wholesale) and it was the worst broadband service I ever had, I came to hate the music that they play when they put you on hold for Tech support. It was that bad I actually paid ?50 to get out of the years contract!

However, I believe that their LLU service is decent, but my exchange only has Talk Talk LLU which I give a wide berth to...now with AAISP which are pretty good.
    ________
    bondage girl Webcams

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Unicorn - you may want to try Plus.net (see the link in my sig) they do a telephone+broadband service and while they aren't as cheap as Talktalk, its not far off, and you can have a static IP with guaranteed non-traffic managed traffic. They are open and honest about their traffic caps, which do exist, but grant unmetered out of hours.

Edit: Plus do offer 24mb on trial at the moment, once you go live, just put in a ticket asking for ADSL2+ and you get it a couple weeks later. I almost doubled upload and download from 3mb/288k to 5.5mb/600k.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I can certainly vouch for the O2 LLU service being good, actually getting 8mbit speeds is impressive.

I am disappointed to hear that their "Access" package is crap, I was hoping to get my parents to move to that at home.

5. fev

fev Industry Fallout

access is deffo pants - sorry used to sell it. Although we always issued a health warning.

LLU is great - I'm using the pro package at home and I can't complain

6. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I'm just about to downgrade my internet connection to the 8meg as I only get 8.8Meg but now I don't think I will bother!

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thanks for all the info guys. Unfortunately, whatever I do, I will probably only be able to so it at one address for now, as the 18 month contract is only a month old at one of the addresses. BT broadband was cancelled 3 months beforehand but the connection never actually got disabled, so we kept using it :hehe: The one Monday morning everything went dead and I had to order the o2 :)

Maybe their premium/ pro package would be the easier option for me to switch to at the moment. Just to clarify, which is the LLU enabled package, premium or pro?

8. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Going slightly off topic, did anyone notice this on the BE Team page...

I didn't see being German as any kind of handicap but apparently at BE it's very difficult to get anywhere if you are German.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah I noticed that, someone mentioned it a few posts back :) Dunno what the idea of that joke is tbh. Probably a private joke between the team themselves.