1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

to have a mac? :eyebrow::hehe:

2. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Dude, you got a Seagate? :duh: I feel sorry for you when it craps out. Get a Hitachi 500GB or Western Digital 1TB (they do exist)

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

+1 for the WD 1TB drive mate. Sorry to hear you've made the mistake of buysing a Seagate :duh:

I put a 500GB Caviar Black in my lappy a while ago and it made a massive difference to performance and obviously storage (upgraded from 160GB Hitachi 5400RPM drive). I'm on the prowl for a 1TB one next, but they are a little scarce at the moment.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Funny that, didn't seagate always used to get the thumbs up with their 5 year warranties? What's changed? I used to have a seagate hdd, but now have an SSD, and two Samsung 1tb drives, f1 and f3.

5. Unicorn

The fact that their 5 year warranties always had to be used...

Don't get me started on the F1's, they're almost as bad :rolleyes:

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Don't bother yourself, he's already been lost :sigh:

Last night's order:
    HAF 922
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7
    Arctic Silver

Maybe do some real overclocking without this reference HSF and terrible case airflow case.

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Sennheiser HD205s; I need cheap over-ears and these are really, really comfortable...

There's no 7200rpm 1TB 2.5" drive, and the only 2.5" 1TB drive around - the WD Scorpio Blue - is 12mm (not 9.5mm) tall and therefore might not fit in the MacBook. In fact, it barely fits in anything. That said, I take the point - if you needed a high-capacity 2.5" standard-height drive, the WD Scorpio Blue 640GB would've been my choice.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you guys are all dramatizing the death of one or two of your hard drive by saying the company is bad.

In the last 5 years I have had 3 80GB's (one of them a 2.5" 7200rpm drive), one 250 and one 500GB. All of them are still alive and work perfectly

I have also had multiple WDs (two 37GB raptor that still work perfectly in my main PC, 2-3 80GB and a 640GB black)

I even had a 120GB maxtor drive in my pc up to a few months ago and it worked fine

There is a 500GB hitachi drive in my PC right now and it's also fine. The same can be said about a 1.5TB Samsung drive that's also in my pc at the moment

In the last 10 years I only had 1 HD failure (WD 80GB that was a month old) and yet you don't see me saying WD is crap

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL, I guess I must be in the minority then. I've had one seagate drive that was from a Lacie d2 external hdd, that was kinda starting to act weird, but other than that, I suppose I can't really comment about any manufacturer.

I had read quite a few dodgy reports about the F1 on ebuyer, but I must have been one of the lucky ones. Oh and here's the funny bit; I bought an F3 off ebay, new, and had it shipped over from the UK to Greece (gotta love Greece, we can have all the sun you like, but can you get a Titan Fenrir, or a Samsung F3? No.), and it was borked. Wouldn't smart test, and was sent back to the UK, and the seller I bought it from sent me a replacement. I couldn't be happier with the F3.

10. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I have bought 3 x 120mm Akasa Apache black case fans!

11. Kalcifer

Kalcifer If you want change, start with yourself.

Just got myself some new gear
    a Crucial C300 256GB 6Gb/s SSD (<3 this thing)
    two 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F3s (I am installing every game I've ever owned)
    LG Blu-Ray Reader
    750W Seasonic X-750
    Edimax 802.11n Wireless Card
    Some Fractal Design Fans
    and some DEMCiflex Dust Filters

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Just picked up a new Wacom Intuos 4 (L) and spent 2 hours configuring it for PS and AP3. Rad.

13. Unicorn

Rad indeed! Enjoy, and more importantly, tell me how you get on with it. I feel like converting to the religious views of Wacom myself, in place of a Logitech G5, to do my CAD and (limited) PS work with. Will probably take ages to get used to using a tablet, but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

As far as the hard drives go, I know I am too hard on the companies in question. I'm just like that. Rep for anyone who can come up with the word to describe it. It's like cautious, only over cautious, and the bad kind of over cautious, and also the once bitten twice shy kind of thinking. Damn, after a day of C programming, my brain won't even think of a single adjective :/

14. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

lol it seems i have stirred up some seagate hate!

tbh although i was slightly worried by the comments by people who have bought seagate, it will be time machined backed up so i doubt i will lose much, if any data. so i decided to buy one anyway! (and at £73 del. you cant go wrong!)

15. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

What if it spontaneously combusted, killing everyone nearby and leaving nothing but the words "Seagate Failz l0l" charred into the wall?

Anyhoo my 250Gb Seagate is still going strong after about 3 years, not that that tells you anything about the quality of their drives today!

Also I bought a silicon case doodah for my nexus one. £4 from amazon.

16. Connection|Closed

Connection|Closed What's a Dremel?

iPhone 3g Dock
    2 tickets to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D
    A small fortune on food shopping...

17. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Bose On-Ear's in mint condition and with case for ~100€ from Ebay.

(Ja I know the name Bose stirs up some emotions, but for that price I'm satisfied because they do sound nice to ME, are portable/small and look good ;) )

18. Unicorn

Cynical. Sorry, but that bugged me all evening :hehe:

19. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Uncharted 1, the Final Fantasy XIII guide (just in case), and a 256 DVD binder.

20. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

zune 120GB with home AV pack.... put my trusty 30gb through the wash and borked it....