1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Just Cause 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Do some stronghold quests. Some of them have helis in them. There are a few military bases you can fast travel to and steal planes from with ease as well. Plus, you can use the black market to get hold of basic fliers, which upgrade really well.

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Why is it every time I read a Bit-Tech game review, people are bitching about the score?

I swear, Joe must be loaded with all the bribes he gets from publishers. :rolleyes:

3. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Just ordered this from Play. £2 cheaper than Steam, and it's the LE which includes a few extra in game toys :)

Loved the first one loads, particularly when you wade into a city and try to take it over.

4. CardJoe

Yeah, because Square Enix really give a crap about what Bit-tech.net's only games journalist thinks about their latest game, especially considering the proven fact that game reviews don't correlate to sales in any way.

People always bitch. It's a fact of life, not proof of corruption. Check Metacritic and follow the wisdom of crowds if you're really doubting my own integrity.

5. Deadpool46

Deadpool46 What's a Dremel?

I had the same thing. It's a known issue/bug, just find 'ClientRegistry.blob' in your steam folder and add '.old' or delete it. Then re-load Steam and hopefully all fixed.

FYI... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1203306

6. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I found the vehicle controls very clunky in the demo so I am not decided on whether to get this.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Don't see the point in moaning about what score a game gets, read the review instead - In this case it boils down to a story shallower than a pixies paddling pool but with extremely fun OTT gameplay mechanics.

8. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

There's always going to be people with different opinions, that doesn't mean Joe's score is not reliable. In fact I would agree with the scores he gives to most if not all games, and find them very useful.

As for the game, I played the demo and really enjoyed it and have pre-ordered. The only other thing I felt should have been mentioned in the review was the poor handling of land vehicles, especially with a keyboard, a controller helps a bit. Unless this was changed in the full game?

9. CardJoe

It wasn't something I had a real problem with or noticed, so maybe it has been fixed.

10. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

The grapple is just pure joy. It's major fun to hook chasing helicopters to trees, or to hook attacking soldiers to passing cars, or driving down a straight road top speed, hopping on the car, and hooking chasing army guys to the ground.

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Notice how the first person to complain did read the review, and then mentioned the score? You win.

I could barely run the demo with my PC. I'd like to say it's getting old, but I run every other game in the world great.

12. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Interesting. Wasn't even on my radar. Even better I will actually buy it since it doesn't have Ubisofts or EAs draconian "online all the time DRM"

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I really enjoyed the demo (especially finding the tank like vehicle half way up the big hill) but I really don't know about the full game.

Whilst it was fun I can see my attention span dwindling fast the more I play it.

14. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
    Red Dwarf Cheesecake!
    I might have to check this game out. I really liked prototype, mainly cuz I blazed through the game in a day so it never reached the "this is boring" stage. This looks like a great rental in the same vein.

15. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

I love that the Bit-Tech staff comment and stick up for themselves. Brilliant. :)

On topic, however. I am downloading this game from Steam as we speak. I loved the first game. True, the story was absolute balls, but the gameplay was hilarious and FUN.
    Can't wait to dive into the sequel. :D

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

How did you get the bleeding thing to download? I'm not even getting an option to pre-load...

17. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

Steam has now released it! A day early as well, sweet. In the UK at least. Downloading at 2.3MB/s.
    Almost time to enjoy some chaos.

18. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

How long is the gameplay ?

19. CardJoe

If you want to totally 100 percent it? Really long.

20. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

I meant the story

Tags: Add Tags