1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 1943 PC still on the way

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i'll pass, i cant see a console version of 1942 going down well with pc gamers who remember the game fondly

3. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

All I can say is BF1943 and BF3 better have LAN play or DICE is off my must buy list. While its ok to play online I enjoy playing with people I know face to face in a LAN environment a heck of a lot more.

4. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Don't really care about this game now..we have bad company Oo

5. veato

veato I should be working

For me 1943 is nothing like 1942 from back in the day. 1943 feels more like an arcade shooter, fast paced and a bit of fun. I dont think it was ever supposed to be '1942 for the console' to be honest. With its low price, cartoon graphics, download only, limited maps and classes, it sets its stall out as such. I think its futile to try to compare them.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I was wondering what had happened to this.

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

If it's still going to be £9.99 I'll probably get it, if I can only download it from the EA Store then I won't.

8. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Tried to buy it in EA Store for PC using the EA Download Manager... Paid the 12,95€ using my Paypal, my order was canceled(?) and my money didn't return yet... That was 15 days ago. A friend of mine had the same problem... Beware of paying with Paypal :/

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

if its $10 off steam, ill grab it.

better not be more arcade than BC2 though. (not that BC2 is arcade-ey, but BF series supposed to be less arcade than BC series, no?)

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Can I has BF3 yet?

11. veato

Well on the Xbox Live its very arcadey. BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF2142 were more serious on the PC. Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were more consoley IMO with proper single player campaigns thrown in and finally 1943 is just a small, fun, quick, cheap shooter and nothing else.

12. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

If this is on the Frostbite engine then Joysticks will not work. They don't in BFBC2 and I don't expect anything less than a bug filled extravaganza from DICE.

It's time they put PC Gamers first before the kiddy console crew.

13. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

I dont care - my copy is free after I emailed the Chairman of EA following the BFBC2 PC debacle!

14. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

This is rubbish. Since when PC gaming play second fiddle to Consoles or a hand me downs.

15. retrogamer1990

retrogamer1990 What does 'Stock' Mean?

is it just me or does BFBC2 just not feel the same as the previous battlefield games? It feels wrong :(

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I honestly thought it had come out and died already

17. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Are they throwing in any extras as a way to balance out the wait? Maybe some more maps remade?

18. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, for me BF1942 was the best balanced, you could with play rookies and "vererans" in the same game and everybody had fun.
    Something lacking in the later games

19. veato

It does feel different but then I think its supposed to. On the one hand you have 1942, Vietnam and BF2 and 2142 and then using some of the gameplay principles of multiplayer BF but in a totally different package you have Bad Comapny and Bad Company 2. You wont get a 'proper' PC Battlefield game until BF3 IMO.

If you want joysticks for flying then dont bother. If this (1943) is a direct port from the console version then understand its a cut down half-an-hour-spare shooting session. Its not complex or involved, just simple fun. Given that it was only available for download (cheaply) and its lack of classes and levels I dont even see this as a 'full' game in that sense. I really am suprised people are trying to draw comparisons to a proper PC BF game. Its just not meant to be.

:hehe: Oh dear.

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont find it arcadey at all. I played 1942 to death back in the day on PC and loving 1943 on xbox. They did a great job.

PC fanboy gamers just has a superiority complex. Its about time they got their heads out of their ass.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2010
Tags: Add Tags