1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music 2010 music festivals

Discussion in 'General' started by bigsharn, 18 Feb 2010.

1. KarmatiK

KarmatiK What's a Dremel?

ummm, Bonaroo..... best show in the states every summer!

Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Conan O'Brien, Tenacious D, Weezer, The Flaming Lips performing Dark Side of the Moon featuring Stardeath and White Dwarfs, The Dead Weather, Damian Marley and NasPhoenix, Norah Jones, Michael Franti and Spearhead, John FogertyRegina SpektorJimmy CliffWeenLCD SoundsystemThe Avett BrothersThievery Corporation Galactic, Rise Against, Tori Amos, The National, Zac Brown, BandLes Claypool, John PrineUmphrey's McGee, The Black Keys, Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon RangersJeff, Beck, Dropkick Murphys, She & HimAgainst Me!, Deadmau5Daryl Hall & ChromeoJamey JohnsonMargaret ChoClutchBassnectarKid CudiAziz AnsariThe Disco BiscuitsKris KristoffersonMedeski Martin & WoodBrandi CarlileThe xxJeffrey Ross Roasts BonnarooJohn Butler TrioOzomatliGWARDan Deacon EnsembleLos Amigos InvisiblesTinariwenWaleBaaba MaalThe MelvinsThe Gaslight AnthemMiike SnowThe Nitty Gritty Dirt BandThe GossipGreg GiraldoDr. DogThey Might Be GiantsPunch Brothers featuring Chris ThileIsis Blitzen TrapperBlues TravelerAterciopeladosMiranda LambertCalexicoGary ChardonnayOK GoBo BurnhamTrombone Shorty & Orleans AvenueMartin SextonLotusDoug BensonBaronessDave Rawlings MachineMayer Hawthorne and the CountyNick KrollJapandroidsJay ElectronicaEdward Sharpe & the Magnetic ZerosIngrid MichaelsonThe DodosManchester OrchestraThe Temper TrapPaul Scheer & Rob Huebel Cross Canadian RagweedCirca SurviveBig Sam's Funky NationCarolina Chocolate DropsNortec Collective Presents: Bostich & FussibleJohn RobertsNEEDTOBREATHETokyo Police ClubThe Entrance BandLocal NativesMumford & SonsRebelutionBaron VaughnDiane BirchMonte MontgomeryFanfarloJulia NunesThe PostellesMexican Institute of SoundLuceroHere We Go MagicChelsea Peretti Hot RizeNeon IndianBomba Estéreo B.O.B

and a few more

2. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I'm off to the Rage factor, was going to go to download but I've most likely got a placement in Switzerland which will start a few days after Rage.
    Rage factor will mark the third time I've seen rage btw :)

Got a Reading ticket too :)

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Wacken!

Alice Cooper, W.A.S.P., Iron Maiden, Slayer, Stratovarius, Tiamat, Candlemass, Mötley Crüe, Arch Enemy, Fear Factory, Ihsahn...

Oh yes! :D

4. Mclusky

Mclusky What's a Dremel?

I am off to Glastonbury, after seeing the lineup for Reading and Leeds I feel less dissapointed with the Glastonbury headliners now.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2010
  5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

KarmatiK. Tenacious D are the best band I've ever seen, make sure you go see them!

6. magzarelli

magzarelli FanMan

Im off to Roskilde "Denmark" 1-4 June!

Its great!

7. Cabe6403

I ended up going to Sonisphere in Switzerland and I'll be flying back to the UK for Reading in a month.

To all the people who've already been to festivals this year: how was it?

8. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

I went to Splendour with my GF and a few mates, here in Nottingham. £15 a ticket for City residents. OKGO, Athlete, Noisettes, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys. Comedy stage, the rightfield stage had Terrorvision on, too!

Good value for money, even if the beer was a tad expensive....£3.50 a beer. Not even a pint. A can!

All in all, a good day out.

9. Cabe6403

I'll do you better than that, at Sonisphere in Switzerland it was 10 francs for a can of coke and 15 francs for a beer (about £10)

Still I got to see the big 4 all on the same day: Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica :)
    Also saw Alice in chains, Atreyu, Stone Sour and a number of others.

They had it a rather odd arrangement, the main stage was literally next to the second stage. The bands could walk from one stage to another if they wanted to. They'd set up one stage while the other was playing. Turned out quite well as there was only a 5 minute or so gap between each set.

The mud was insane too:

The thicker mud like in the video was the better ground. Some parts it was like a slurry, your feet just disappeared into it. It was so liquid there was no footprints

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Did RAGE factor, Download, and got Reading and then Bestival coming along soon :)

11. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Not exactly festivals but I'm seeing Iced Earth in September and Muse in October. Can't wait for either show.

12. Cabe6403

How was Download? I really really wanted to go =/

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

it was awesome, but not as good as last year.. pretty hard to beat Slipknot headlining.. But having said that, AC/DC was something else... :thumb:

14. Cabe6403

Yeah, I was there last year :) Really was awesome.
    Does anyone else keep their bands on?

Still on I've got: Reading 2008, T in the Park 2008, Download 2009

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Reading 07, 08 & 09, Download 2009 & 10.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Off to Sonisphere (UK) in about 20 minutes. :rock:

17. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I did Sonisphere UK this year and it was brilliant, Rammstein are easily the best band I've ever seen live, but Pendulum was also amazing

oh, and ALAN!!!!!

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Got my Reading tickets on Saturday. Wooh.

:thumb:

19. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Went to oxygen, Thinking of going to planet Love but money is fairley tight.

20. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Most of the line ups look crap imo this year

Wouldn't mind Reading to see the Libertines (even though they kind of sold out :(), but thats pretty much it.