1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

But, if I'm not mistaken, you don't have to pay customs? Since we're not EU, we definitely do. Unfortunately, the amount you pay for customs is arbitrary, depending on what the person handling the package was smoking that morning :wallbash:

2. magzarelli

magzarelli FanMan

When are steam gonna sort the conversions rates for us in Europe... :(

3. Sutters

Sutters Silent lurker!

Borderlands 50% Off

Weekend Deal:
    Borderlands 50% Off

Metascore 82

DLC packs are usual price though...

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

was extremely tempted by Borderlands, it's a fantastic game but I've already got it on the 360.

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

^^ It gives me a headache on PC, I think it's the FOV, so bad I just can't play it.

Not a bargain as such but there's a MW2 free weekend on steam this week. Should be preloading now.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

MW2 free weekend? nice, i'd be ready to pwn some newbies for some quick level up :)

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Aha cheers for that heads up, was tempted by it on PC, but think I'll rent it on the 360 now instead. Being a cyclops the fov only needs to be slightly dodgy and I get motion sickness. Stupid eye :grr:

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Hmm if i could actually get it to preload id be up to try the multiplayer out, doubt it will sway me to purchase the game though. BBC2 >

Hex, you can modify the FOV with ease in an ini file, that you cant on the 360 :)

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Apr 2010
  9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I caved and bought it at the last minute, it's one of the few FPS games I've played through a few times.

If you do and you want someone to go through the co-op achievements feel free to give me a shout.

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I've tried that on a number of games before and they still don't stop it 100%. I get 10 minutes into HL2 and I have to be sick, changing the fov helped, but I only made it about 12 minutes in. Totally sucks.* When my CRT finally dies and I switch to an LCD it'll probably be fine. As for changing the fov on the 360, never needed to. They don't make me feel sick...
    Cool, will give you a shout then :)

*Portal made me a little sick too (not the movement, it's purely the whole FOV/refresh rate thingamee on the CRT) but as I love that game so damn much I found playing it in a window really helped. Still have to limit how long I play though or I have to go be sick and have a lie down in a darkened room before I can function again.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

could this be UK only ? I only see the game for sale

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

mmmmmmmmoney

It's probably in anticipation of the PC DLC release.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I like the idea of checking how bad the game is (according to basically everyone) without giving Activision a penny

Has anyone preloaded it yet ? If so, how big is it ?

thx

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Apparently it's 5GB, but most people haven't been able to pre-load it yet.

I'd also expect to see an increase in the number of hackers as they start using alternate accounts which they don't mind getting VAC banned on.

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

5GB for multiplayer only huh, that's pretty steep... Not sure I want to waste my bandwidth for that

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Nah, that 5Gb is just the ingame adverts.

Picked it up for the first time in two months today, only took half a map to get back into it. My long range toob accuracy has gone to pot though. :(

Most people seem to be pretty much hopeless at the game TBH. On the bright side most of the annoying idiots seem to have gone over to BC2. Although my first game the host started crying about an alleged wallhacker and quit, sending everyone back to the MP menu.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I went on it yesterday for the first proper time in about a month after playing BC2 solidly for a whole week and was hopeless to start off with. I kept trying to spot enemies before I shot at them, and the times I didn't get killed because my reactions were too slow I ended up flashing or stunning myself since they both use the Q button, which was rather embarrassing. Plus I was running a much higher sensitivity in MW2 so had to knock it down quite a bit to get my aim back.

19. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Yeah it gets a lot easier when you remember : think fast, tap M2, hold down M1 = victory.

Bad Company 2's sedate in comparison. Odd considering how quick and twitchy BF2 was.

Actually this reminds me of those Elpresador youtube videos.

Further hilarity. Warning, much swearing.

'roids...

Last edited: 7 Apr 2010
  20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

FYI for the guys running the UI beta, i couldn't get the pre-load going with it but once i switched back to the regular UI it started no problem.