1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Laptop HDD Failing?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by bumfluff, 6 Apr 2010.

1. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

I was quite happily browsing the interwebs on my laptop yesterday when I realised that something was making a noise which hadn't been there before. So I picked it up to see where it was coming from. On putting it back down I got a BSOD and my laptop restarted and it would not boot properly. After doing some digging I found that my BSOD was "unmountable_boot_volume", but I managed to fix it by going into the recovery console and doing a couple of things and when I was back into Windows I backed up some of my more crucial files (luckily there aren't many as most things are on my desktop).

I decided to run HD Tune to see what it could tell me about my HDD and this is what it gave me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't say I know what these mean but it doesn't look great. Is my laptop HDD's time coming? It's a fairly old Dell Latitude D600 so I doubt the expense of new hard drive and OS would be worth it. I just want to know if I should start saying goodbye.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yep the hd is on it's way from he looks of it.. least you can rescue what's on it

3. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

I just did a read test and got an average of 1.4mb/s :sigh:

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

1.4MB/s ? backup asap