1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Just how angry should I be?

Discussion in 'General' started by Plastic_Manc, 13 Apr 2010.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I don't understand the deal about weddings. They seem like such a f*cking waste of time and money, I'd rather spend that money on some hot lingerie for her, and a 5 star hotel on some paradise island for the honeymoon followed by a large budget for alcohol and expensive food delights.

Always amused how a cake costs 40$, but a wedding cake, of the same size and complexity, costs 300$.. because it's for a wedding. Same thing with flowers "oh they're wedding flowers? oh ok, that's 15$ for each individual flower" I mean really? Wtf? Is it made of gold and given unicorn blood instead of water? Meh.

mvagusta likes this.
  2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'd call it off, she isn't worth it

:hehe:

mvagusta likes this.
  3. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

If your wife to be knows you are not in the position to afford another dress, particularly if you are already going to great lengths to be able to afford what you have bought already, she is taking the piss.

No affectation about it.

How you deal with it, however is the difficult part.

I would use the 'if it was me' situation, but then, I would not be marrying someone who would do something like she is doing.

Brutal, yes.

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

As someone who is getting married this year the man speaks the truth. Suck it up and pay for it but make her choose cuts somewhere else to recoup the cost. Drop **** like chair covers and all the other unnecessary crap that women insist on.

I take it your not married or getting married then? Of course its about the woman. I would bet 99% of men would rather just go away somewhere with the future wife and get married in a quiet ceremony with just the two of them. Women on the other hand have been dreaming of there wedding since they were three years old and know exactly what they want.

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i'm getting married next yeear and my fiancee already has two dresses (we are spreading the event over 2 days) i know for a fact that if she decided either of the dresses are wrong she would sell it themselves and buy a new one with her own money

and that is one reason I'm marrying her

and for those guys saying it is about her, you are dead wrong it should be about the both of you, and the commitment you are making

mvagusta likes this.
  6. cybergenics

Having actually been married (for 16 years, wife died), I concur with your thoughts. I wouldn't take any advice off someone who thinks they are an expert because they are 'getting married' any more than I would visit a review site and read a 16 page motherboard review by a guy who was 'going to buy the motherboard in question, when he gets paid'.

Any woman, who is prepared to jeopardise the financial integrity of a partnership, particularly a new marriage, is frankly not worth marrying. Her behaviour before marriage is a good indication of her behaviour in marriage and several years down the line when she is completely bored of being married.

7. cybergenics

You cater to a woman with that attitude, and she will mercilessly walk all over you. Even the nicest, most prim and proper women will develop a side you won't believe when they think they can get their own way all the time.

mvagusta likes this.
  8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

We dropped chair covers when she decided on her dress :hehe: I also got 6 full suits for £260 by buying them from a friend of my betrothed (I hate anglicised foreign words, fiance is banned) who runs a wedding hire company with her husband and was doing an old stock clear out. I was expecting to spend around that for just two suits so that offset the cost a bit.

Congrats on your wedding mate, mine's next april as long as we can book the registrar.
    Agree. If this was my wedding, it'd be in the registry office (which is a quite nice country hall type building anyway), and then down a pub or community centre with a finger food buffet laid on and a disco. The important bit for me is the marriage not the ceremony. Other way round for the woman!

mvagusta likes this.
  9. ptb

ptb What's a Dremel?

yeah, the marriage is about both of you, but the wedding...eish its about her bru, not you ;)
    or have you been thinking about your wedding for the past 15 years?

10. jhbellsh

jhbellsh Hmmm... never mind.

Damn straight - the 'marriage' is about you both - the 'wedding', it's all about her... I'm getting hitched in September too so am really getting the hang of this...

11. bakerman34

bakerman34 What's a Dremel?

sorry mate but this is a bad start...she messed up and its putting you under pressure...i got married 15 years ago and it lasted 9 years and it was all money money money...she had to have the best of everything...how bad is the dress colour???....unless its rank she should wear it...wedding is about the vows not the fecking dress

mvagusta likes this.
  12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Meet her half way.

Put the wedding off untill youboth sell the dress then put the proceeds towards the correct dress (which maybe even ,ore expensive), tell her you love her very much but we need to start the marrage off as we mean to go on, grounded in sustainability.

This smells like some kind of multi level thinking female test.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2010
  13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Exactly.

14. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

All of this 'let her/don't let her' stuff is a little unnerving. What are you, her mother? And Hasn't she got any money of her own?

She doesn't like the dress, she can get a new one.

15. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

You don't have any choice but to suck it up otherwise this will be the only thing she remembers about the day and reminds you about it all the time.

But seriously? She needs a good slap, weddings cost wayyy too much and it's crazy ladeez with their "I've spent four weeks trying to find the right paper for the invites without luck" attitudes which push the cost up.

BTW, I'm not advocating actually slapping her (and to even the score I'm sure there is something you have done / will do which means you deserve a slap too). But spends that much on a dress and is still not happy.

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

maybe just a dick slap? :naughty:

17. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

You are all nuts, marriage is a scam.

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Good thing I didn't waste money on a wedding and used it to go on vacation.

mvagusta likes this.
  19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

If the wedding is only about her, then why does the guy attend?

Getting the hang of what? Letting her make all the rules? Her way or the highway? I thought a wedding was a partnership, but if being dominated floats your boat, enjoy :thumb:

100%

That's a smart idea. Alot of weddings are all show and no go, they spend so much on the reception, basically showing off to everyone, there's nothing left for themselves to enjoy.

100%

100%

Nope, been married for years and years. We all dream, doesn't mean our dreams get to rule our partners.

100%

100%

100%

Last edited: 15 Apr 2010
  20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

how about a hotel room and $1000 of lube instead of a wedding? LOL

that would be much more productive.