1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Colour me stupid, Make your own UV dyes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mayhem, 20 Jul 2009.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

hey I used to go to school in Darlo...good luck with your new enterprise

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

have you done a striking orange yet?

You may have been asked this, but has this coolant been found to block the flow inside a loop after a while?

3. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Ive been running this coolant now for 8 months + in two loops. one attached to a pc on 24/7 and one in a airing cubord wich is quite wam and nether have blocked. I made two types of pre mix when i first started and only told ppl about the first one which failed all etsts over a period of time. this mix was never handed out at the begning as has been under test since. Now its up for resale as it passed ever thing.

The cooland is the same as sold By thermochill ec6 and mine is cheaper and well i can say some thing else but im not going to ill let people try it for them selfs and report back. how ever Im shipping out a load to poland soon and some other companys are becomming resellers of my products.

Now they have the stuff out on test and review and they love it. The pc market isnt to fast to take it up over here becuase they like big names and well im not that big, yet i do more testing than any of these so called big named companys do and all my resluts are up on XS for any one to see.

As for orange you can get sevral of the dyes and mix you own orange from the dyes and add it to the premix as well. (its dead easy to make) Check my site out for the colour mixing guide. Mixing Guide

I did test a Dye orange (pure dye) that was UV but was not happy with the results so its never been for sale. I have 4 ltrs of the dye but becuase it wasnt good enough it wont ever be for sale under my brand.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

awesome, thanks for the information.

I have always stayed away from dye's due to hearing horror stories of the dye blocking up blocks and permanently staining the loop.

will check your site out, most interested in making a powerful orange.

Another question is I noticed the black coolant that glows blue under UV, any chance of a black fluid that glowed orange under UV?

5. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

My black is still under test atm and that just has UV blue in it to make it glow blue. How ever UV orange under black .. now that would be intresting to make. Ill have a look at it for you but it would a one off only.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

interesting and nice! thank you

7. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

a quick little play produced these effects.

[​IMG]

Used Candy red , UV Pink and yellow wich has a slight UV aspect to it as seen on the far right.

As for UV orange under black its gonna take a little work on that ...

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Did you ever find out if a black but UV orange is possible?

9. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

hi there.

yeh i had a try of it i can get the black oky but adding a UV orange changes the tone of the black and you lose the near perfect black. Allso over longer testing the orange intergrates with in the black making a wired mix so it doesnt work well.

I dont think its gonna work well enough but its a very intresing idear and one i can work on with another method ive been playing with. How ever thats still under dev.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Ok, thank you for looking into it.

UV black & blue is getting a little old, so definitely a special product to develop there! :thumb:

11. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

what you need to rember is black is a colour mix of lots of colours and adding a UV colour into it changes it properties.

were as Clear UV blue put into black keeps that aspect. UV yellow, UV green , Uv Pink, UV red, UV Orange all change this colour.

The other alternative is Black pearlesnt with Orange coolent or visa versia. But getting thos colouear pealesnt isnt easy or cheap and it would not be able to run in a water cooling that contains jets as the jets would block unless you can get pearlest in 0.05 micro grams wich i havent seen.

Allso ive been working on a suspension fluid that is not water based as pearlest is a heavy medium and need to be suspended in a thicker liquid. In water you would get a build up (pearlest being havy than water) were as in a oil it would distrbute much better but again findsing a medium were the pealest doesnt stick together is not easy nither..

E.g this is a colour temp active liquid ive been working on ..

[​IMG]

But once again this is under test and will be for a long time. I allso have Glow in the dark liquid but the problem is that needs charging after the first 8 hours of use and allso once again cannot be used in a Jet system.

Close up shot of the Glow in the dark mediums based on oils

[​IMG]

Far off shot to show no light running it

[​IMG]

If i was ever to realses these they would all have to be pre mixes and they would all be quite expensive in compaison to normal liquids.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2010
  12. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

a Little Update. This is the pre mix.

[​IMG]

Main features of the bottles are a child safety cap, filling spout.

The child safety cap on all products like this is a must. Kids love coloured fluids and the safety cap is more important than a tamper evident cap. (yup it costs more but i don't care my kids all ways come first).....

From left to right we have

UV green, UV clear Blue, Clear, UV Purple, UV Pink, UV Blue, UV yellow / green

Still working on the labels ect ect. but any thoughts are welcome.

They will all be the same price (no extra for dyed liquid). And all of them work with mayhems dyes if you fancy enhancing the liquid.

After a boat load of tests and 25 pcs blown up, testing all the market leading brands of so called none conductive fluid ive decided that i will defo not be advertising the fact that this is no conductive as even the best brand out there blew up a PC with real life tests. Seemingly even giving the pcs a good scrub down and just leaving them in the open air for 1/2 hour was to much for any liquid.

there are a few things ive noticed when buying these from shop and the way bottles are posted. They all ways seem to come with no packing at all.

So again ive been working on this and this is the way all mayhem Pre mix will be sold.

This is the packing only still have to work on stickers :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. firstorbit84

firstorbit84 What's a Dremel?

ummmm.... Nice products, but does anyone on here know that a < $0.75 highlighter will give you the same effect??

just open it up and let the ink soak in water for a day or so. Then take it out and squeeze all the rest of the ink out... or for a quicker effect, just soak the ink in a small water bottle for a few minutes, then shake it around and then remove the ink and squeeze it into the bottle. Then add this water to your reservoir...

14. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Yeh mate keep on doing that you self no one here will stop you. :duh:

It hasn't taken me what 1 1/2 years and gone through over 250 dyes to make dyes or pre mix so that they wont block your system or damage components for no reason. But how ever if you fancy sticking a ink with a acid based medium in you system then that's fine with me.

How ever if you don't fancy distorting your water cooling system and fancy some dye for you computer then this is for you but with a comment like that i suggest you stick to coloured tubing and a kill coil...

no offence but i really think you need to do a very small amount of research.

15. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Good post Mick.

Safety over profit :rock:

Also, very honest to not jump on the non-conductive 'label'.

I see a number of first time watercoolers spending £10/15 a litre on stuff thinking their hardware is protected because it says non-conductive on the bottle.

Fact is watercooling WILL damage hardware if installed badly, no fluid will overcome this.

If it leaks, it will cost you.:D

There's no substitute for leak testing and taking abit of time building a loop

Cheers.

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

U Fool! I guess next you'll slap a load of shower gel in the loop because its the right colour you want.

Don't worry mayhem, he probably has a loop consisting of copper and aluminium blocks, all with acrylic tops, running a RD-30, and wonders why the waterblock's are turning funny colours and the acrylic is cracking.

17. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

well be a long couple of weeks. Been to Uni to chat about certain aspects of some of my dyes all so getting plans drawn up for some new products, all so been on a VAT course and all so import and export course. Time to play catch up now lol

18. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

And a new logo, you have been busy :D

Much better than the last one.

19. sejutaluka

sejutaluka What's a Dremel?

hey mayhem... would you give me a pricelist for this stuff..? including shipping charges to indonesia..?

20. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Hi there if you go to my web site www.wcdyes.com or mayhemsdyes.com you can check ou the site there.

Prices are on there allso some shops re sell this as well.

this is the new pre mixed Bottles wich are now sold with stickers.

[​IMG] [​IMG]