1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: Antec Dark Fleet PC Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 20 Apr 2010.

1. leslie

leslie Just me!

I was just going to say, one of the most popular cases they make, is smooth sided and and faced. The best selling aluminium cases are smooth sided and faced. Now, I get that not everyone likes smooth sided and faced, but this?

And let me guess, this case is going to cost around $250 USD? No chance I'm buying that.
    Give it a couple months, production will end and they will be blowing them out on Ebay.

Oh,
    "No feature is there “just for looks.”
    Really? What purpose do those straps across the drive plates serve?

"Function only" design is far more clean and industrial than this.
    Someone needs to mod this with an H.R. Giger theme.

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

As someone who popped a boner for the HAF 932 I have to say this case doesn't look too terrible. But it's definitely taking the industrial cheese-grater look a bit far.

3. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Antec, Star Wars is passe'. Old as the hills and as dull as dirt. This ugly Death Star rip-off component is beneath even ThermalTakes excessively low-brow tastes.

This is the future for God's sake! Couldn't you even include a removable mobo tray?

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

the P182 is still far from a perfect case however. Installing a board in there when the PSU is already installed is a pain in the ass. The cables are always in the way and aarrrrrrrggggg it pissed me off :hehe:

5. Lightning98

Lightning98 Umm, hello.

I have to say i didn't like any of the old Antec cases... they had to much of a "sleek" look for my taste. If they had left out the hot swappable 2.5" bay and basically the whole top segment it would be perfect.

The only thing i need from a case is that its big, has standard positioning for HDD's (no sideways mounted cr*p) and lots of places for 120mm fans.

6. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

What a very ugly case :/

7. Icejon

Icejon Newbie of Newbies

Aside from the front bezel and top panel, the entire chassis internals are the same as the venerable Antec 1200. With the Antec 1200 the airflow is traditional and nice. Look aside, one problem is there are only 7 expansion slots, so if you use an EVGA x58 4-way SLI MB, your 3rd and 4th card will not be able to be screwed in.

8. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

MY EYES! Antec has really churned out some utter rubbish of late. Its a shame too as this case has some neat ideas that just need the rest of the case to match.

So where is the modernised P182? Combine that with R2 and Darkfleet DNA and that would be an urbur case.

9. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

I like it, looks like you can clean the dust filters without shutting down, watch those fingers though!

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

They definitely went for function over form on this one

Antec please go back to the P180B looks of yesteryear

11. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I always liked the sleek Antec's, they were just always outside of the £40 I'm willing to part with for a case. I have to concede that 'industrial' probably isn't on the list of youth jargon buzzwords at the moment, but I like my industries to be simple and efficient rather than something out of a sci-fi film.

12. John_T

John_T Minimodder

I think the bloke who designed that secretly wished he was part of the Borg Collective.

Fugly? Fugly with cheese...

13. dec

dec [blank space]

I like it. Naturally I like the HAF's too. Im not sure whether I'll still like it if/when I get my hands on it but as eye candy its pretty good.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Added an addendum on the last page.

15. Nature

Nature Minimodder

I am a cheeseburger

16. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

Sorry bit-tech, but those pictures are some of the worse I've seen on this site.

I like the case though.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know, it was low light on location and I didn't bring my tripod unfortunately. I'll do better next time.

18. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

is it made from rubber?

19. Vinni3

Vinni3 What's a Dremel?

WTF has Antec done? One minute they were making good looking cases like the P182 then 'improved' it (more like ruined it) with the P183. It's all been down hill from there...

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

all this case hating is making me love it even more :D

Tags: Add Tags