1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dead to Rights: Retribution Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Great review chaps; very fair.

I feel kinda obliged to comment, because I work at Volatile/Blitz Games and although I didn't work on DTR, pretty much everyone at the company was involved, emotionally at least. This was a massive experiment for the us and if you look at the back catalogue you'll see that this is certainly the largest game, in terms of scale, we've ever attempted really. That said, the team pulled it above and beyond Namco's expectations. I've never played the original but I understand there's quite a fan base and a lot effort went in to finding out which elements really appealed and what people would have liked to have been different; I believe the biggest example of this is the Shadow levels :)

So yeah, constructive criticism will be read and taken on board. I think the reviewer nailed it really. The end product is a game which is terribly fun to play, especially with a few mates. Nothing revolutionary but plenty of "Wow, that was cool" moments.

3. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

"massive warhound"'s "crotch ripping attacks"! LOL I might have to look at this game. Thanks!

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The under-age kiddies who shouldn't even be playing it will lap it up. For me though the game has failed at the first hurdle by not being out on PC. Maybe that's in the pipelines but I can't be arsed to look it up.

Good review though.

Tags: Add Tags