1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Far Cry 2 is Underappreciated

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It almost put me off Just Cause 2, which in some ways is even more formulaic.

I'm having a lot more fun there though, even if I am just toodling about 100%ing bases in Merc Mode. I guess I need my jets and fast travel. I can't even stomach flying about in helicopters now, although that's probably more due to the fact that, at this point, getting into a helicopter seems to send the entire Panau Air Force in my direction.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Oh I'm not saying they made the game amazing, I'm just saying that without them the game would be boring to the point it's unplayable. I can't remember going anywhere without using the buses, and even then I didn't finish the game. The atmosphere was pretty good, but the gameplay just very tedious.

3. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

I've farcry 2 a PS3 version. And after buying it I found it very disappointing. Boring and Repeated missions. Doesn't have a great story like in farcry 1. Malaria is one of the bad concept of the game. I don't know why it is there.

4. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

The bus transport is great but should have improved.

5. raybies

raybies What's a Dremel?

It was/is a PoS!
    I didn't even pay much for it, but I regret wasting my time on... I don't trust any web/mag that rated this game good.

Like a fool I continued to play thinking that it's going to change real soon in a big way and be awesome... after 5 hrs play, I gave up.

Deleted for ever!

Even the name is a blight on Crytek, cos Far Cry 1 was TOTALLY AWESOME.

UbiSoft stick to publishing!

And all you's that gave FC2 (f'ing cr*p 2) good scores, shame on you.

6. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

That's what you get when you play on "easy". Your fault not the games'. Hardest setting and you have to save the game after you take 5 steps or you get slaughtered. And if you're dumb enough to stay on the road and in vehicles you miss a great portion of the game.

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

thread is still going.. it's simple from what I've seen- you like consoles, you'll love farcry 2

if you've seen the first one or anything decent.. you'll hate playing this game.. the ending will make you want to hang yourself upside down on a swingbar and have a fat gay midget kick your face up around the back of your ass for wasting the time

8. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Not a fan then :D

FC2 could of been a great game. Massive maps, destructable terrain, physics controlling wind, day and night etc..

Ultimately it was let down by the gameplay.

Played it to the end, 2 bits of wire on a car battery and then credits !

Worth praise for the graphics, but not for the gameplay.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Did anyone find out why there was no option for going prone?

10. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

There was no lean either. I think it has to do with MP than anything else..... Other on line games (some ) make it difficult to find players when they snipe in prone or spawn camp in prone. You can't see them and you can't find them. Takes away from MP action IMO. And who needs it anyways ?

11. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

Agreed...

Tags: Add Tags