1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How big is the Custom computer industry?

Discussion in 'General' started by joseph2000, 22 Apr 2010.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I know one person that told his mate's he could get computer's fixed cheap charging them and trying to get me to fix them as a favor cheeky b*****d , Once I found out I told him not ask again even for himself.
    And I built a computer for one of my wife's friends and they bought her a present and I didn't get so much as a thankyou LOL

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I know how you feel, i get all sorts to fix for 'friends' i dont mind doing it, but if i dont get at least a thankyou, i dont do it again. Its got to a stage now where i turn more away than i fix now

I wouldnt call my mates who are electricians/plumbers etc to give me a hand with something, and NOT thank them (be it some money a couple of drinks whatever), So why does it seem ok to get the 'geek' to fix their comps for sod all :sigh:

3. joseph2000

joseph2000 What's a Dremel?

ouch... what kinda scheming ***** was that?

4. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

I have built all of mine that are x86/x64 based, don't ask how many, but it's a hell of a lot (20+ years).

On this site (And just about any other Tech orientated site), you will get that answer a lot. Joe Public however outnumbers us greatly, so most people will just buy off the shelf.