1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 May 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

is Blizzard online shop same as STEAM so I can download the games multiple times and have it running on desktop and laptop? not simultaneously.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Looks like we know the best selling PC game of the year already though.

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Hope the campaigns are gona be really big to make up for the split. Maybe we will get new units in the other 2 games.
    Still a little disappointed about the missing lan support, but I think Blizzard will patch that in later once they realize their mistake (as long as Activision keep out of it).

5. mull

mull What's a Dremel?

There has been such a protracted development cycle on this I've lost the thread of what the game getting released contains! I don't give a monkey's about multiplayer, I'm just hoping the SP lives up to the hype.

6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I'm currently playing the sc2 beta and the MP is a finely tuned economy based affair, many of the SP units do not feature in the MP - I don't see them allowing play outside of battle net ever...

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Blizzard want battlenet to comunicate with all there games

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

About damn time! I've only been waiting for this for years!

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

No LAN support?

10. Xir

Xir Modder

Understandable, it's not as if Starcraft ever was popular on LAN's....oh wait!
    (you're not really requiering sarcasm brackets, are you?) :D

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

12. DRC™

DRC™ What's a Dremel?

*nods* :clap:

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Wasn't there an official release date for 2 July 2009 at some point in time?

Have yet to try it out myself, but two friends have got beta keys (seems they're just handing them out now) and they have polar opposite reactions. I don't mean to judge, but the one who loves Halo and MW2 enjoys it, while the one who owns every decent RTS to date and is so good in Starcraft that matches between 6 players are organized as 4v1+him says that it is no good.

14. d3m0n_edge

d3m0n_edge Lost Is Your Soul

No LAN support? After a decade of waiting, can't believe I'm dissappointed already.

15. Danny

Danny What's a Dremel?

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to this or not now.

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You werent by the three part release?
    The Battle.net imposition?
    The expected "monetization"?

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Lack of LAN support doesn't really bother me.

Even if I do get a few mates around to play a few games, I'm sure my internet connection can take it. In fact, I think it'll be a hell of a lot easier to co-ordinate games with friends over the internet; it means we don't have to lug PCs and monitors around to each other's houses, or risk having a shitty game experience on a laptop. Admittedly the SC2 beta runs pretty well on even modest laptops, but I'd still rather use my PC.

Besides all the multiplayer stuff, I'm looking forward to the singleplayer game more.

18. Nature

Nature Minimodder

They're taking out lan so they can stop piracy... It's the only way. I've been in China since I was 18 and all games like warcraft 3 are hacked through lan. no one pays for ANY game software, or OS because the prices are unreasonable and unrealistic for the amount of money the working and middle class make here.

I don't know how but everyone has hacked versions of windows 7 already! It might take even less time with SC2.

Also in korea-japan... the entire world- there are no legit copies of starcraft! :D

So Blizzard is doing everything they can to ensure getting revenue from all wanting to play they're game... I wonder if prices will be different in poor countries like China, India, etc???

19. Xir

Xir Modder

I'll only play singleplayer (usually)
    But for a game mostly renowned for LANing (surpassed only by CS, I guess) having no LAN support is a big letdown.

considering the last 10 games I bought were all under 10€ (sales or old games) Yup, I second that. :D

20. Nature

Nature Minimodder

naw, I mean retail... of course I don't mean a dozen years or a a decade after the game's release. 59.99+tax just call it 60$ x 7 for the chinese RMB and you have 420 rmb which is about a third of a working class persons monthly income whilst working 50 hours a week.

I'm in no way saying a mass hacking of games is good... I want lan just like you. It just sucks not everyone gets paid in dollars, euros, or squid.

Tags: Add Tags