1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Use the internet to decide how to vote

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 4 May 2010.

1. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

Gee, sounds like you guys have about as much choice as we get over here in the states...
    :wallbash:

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Monster raving loony party Cheesecake!

3. blackadda15

blackadda15 What's a Dremel?

Thats got my vote :D

4. Initialised

Initialised What's a Dremel?

I'd vote CURE in Brighton, anywhere else Lib-Dem #geekthevote

5. Initialised

Initialised What's a Dremel?

Nah, it was the #LibDemFlashmob

6. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Local MP didn't bother voting for the DEB. Didn't respond to any of my emails either. If only there was a PPUK representative in my area I could vote for.

7. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

Careful, he serves the Sith Lord Mandelson..

I have to say I do like the Conservatives idea of letting people have a say in the way things are run locally, more power to the people and less centralised bureaucracy. They seem the best placed to actually implement something like this too.

God knows how things are going to actually work out though, praying somebody who has a clue is put in charge for once!

8. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Who would that be then?

I just hope Gordon Brown is ousted. He was never elected. I know he was second in command of the ruling party when the PM at the time stood down, and i know that's the way it works. But i, for one, felt more than a little cheated when the man i voted for decided he couldn't hack it and left it to this coward to run the country. Who then left it late as possible to call the general election.

I bet Gordon's wishing he held one as soon as he came to power and not now, after all that's happened.

9. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I was planning to vote Lib Dem on the assumption that my Tory seat would stay a Tory seat, but boundary changes mean it's now a labour majority here (Hammersmith) :S Now I'm not sure whether to help the Tories or stick with the Liberals...

10. FreQ

FreQ What's a Dremel?

Well, my local MP didn't vote either. I don't think they realise how big a deal that bill is? I think the vast majority of MP's don't understand technology too much anyway, they are out and about all the time meeting people and "engaging the community" to keep up with the latest filesharing legislation. A shame, because it affects all of us.

Regarding voting, I just read all the policies and decide who I agree with the most, then vote. I don't agree with tactical voting, just vote who you want to get in.

11. slewth

slewth What's a Dremel?

Alex, great post. I know there's been a lot of focus on TV with the leader's debates, but tools such as these are bound to play a part in mobilising people. Other interesting resources are emerging from accessibility comminities - I'm thinking specifically of the Easy Read manifestos created by Elena Newly and some of the British Sign Language programming. These kinds of developments could make a big different for groups usually marginalised in the political process. Short blog post with links here: http://bit.ly/a5Et4C

Tags: Add Tags