1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other epic.FOUR | 29th July -1st August 2010 | Uttoxeter Racecourse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hg, 17 Mar 2010.

1. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Hi Guys,
    Being a member of the bit.tech community i would like to invite you to attend epic.FOUR a medium sized lan to be held at Uttoxeter Racecourse this Summer.

The epic lan events are already attended by such bit-tech members as Gunsmith, Cheez, myself and others and with good reason!
    Check the information below to find out more about epic.FOUR and what makes these lans unique, fun, and different.

Hope to see you there.

Hg

Last edited: 17 Mar 2010
  2. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

<drumming up support at Hg's request>

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

:hehe:

4. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Need more people to tell Gunsmith that Koolance watercooling kit is for little kids :p

5. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Wooo Summer LAN

6. Hg

guys last tomorrow for you to sign up and pay to get early discount!
    already 44 people signed up and paid :thumb: looks like it will be another great lan!
    Hope to see you there!

Last edited: 31 Mar 2010
  7. batfink

batfink What's a Dremel?

Just got permabanned from epic.LAN servers for alleged cheating in L4D2. No proof, no reason - just that epic.LAN DCX and his team was getting properly owned. If any of my team members, none of whom I actually knew, were cheating, I would have been the first to quit on principle.

The only hax i regularly use are bottles of strong ale.

Would any member of the epic.LAN team care to comment?:eyebrow:

8. Nivek

Nivek What's a Dremel?

Hi Batfink I'm responsible for the online game servers for epic.LAN and I'd like to sort this out for you. What I do know is that no bans have been put in place on any of our servers today. If you could tell me your gaming nick and / or steam id I can double check that for you. My email address is nivek at epiclan dot co dot uk or grab me on quakenet irc.

You should come to one of our lans so you can beat DCX right there!

9. batfink

batfink What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.

Maybe it was DCX's private server then, but I was pretty damn sure I saw an Epic.LAN splash page on the first round. Also, as we spawned in the first round with no health kits or weapons, my teammates were suspicious that he, having the same clantag as the server, might have been doing a bit of a naughty. We gave it the benefit of the doubt any played on.

Then we got lucky with a tank on The Passing in the sewers, and a minute or so later he accused us all of cheating and wouldn't elaborate as to what we'd done wrong. He then informed us that we were all banned and shut down the server. It was a shame as it was a good game!

And for the record, I never cheat. My lack of talent is 100% natural.

10. Hg

[​IMG]

Retro gaming at epic.FOUR

Want to relive those days golden days playing 4-player split screen Mario Kart or Goldeneye?
    Well we are pleased to announce a Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers will be made available for you to play on over in the console area at epic.FOUR, allowing upto 4 player split screen mayhem on our huge projector screen.
    The classic titles that will be available to play include:
    • Turok
    • Turok 2: Seeds of evil
    • Superstar soccer 64
    • Super Mario 64
    • Mario Kart 64
    • Zelda: ocarina of time
    • Wetrix
    • Perfect Dark
    • Goldeneye
    • Diddy kong racing

With just over a month to go, make sure you confirm you places soon to ensure you dont miss out on whats set to be our best lan yet!

11. crash32953295@msn.

So anyone else interested in coming to the event?

Dont forget gunsmith is going to be there so you can put like spiders and stuff on his chair

/Hides

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wait what i am? oO

13. Hg

So it's just mere weeks now until the epic.FOUR LAN Party, 65 people coming so far and with places going every day, we're looking forward to a great turnout for our summer LAN.

Some of the latest news about epic.FOUR includes:

UT2k4 Deathmatch Tournament Confirmed
    Mario Kart Wii Console Tournament
    Our 'resident' DJs return

And keep an eye on the website over the coming weeks for our full event timetable, details about our pub quiz, hunt and more!

We've recently added some new features our the epic website including our new community profiles and game stats so you can track your progress in our weekly games nights as well as a return to some oldschool IRC stats for all of your #epic.lan chatting.

If all that sounds tempting, then all you need to do is make your way to epiclan.co.uk/epic4 and hit the signup button. Simples!

14. crash32953295@msn.